“Very Poor” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 hotels in Sudbury
New Liskeard, Canada
“Very Poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We spent $ 139 plus tax for king size bed room. The bed was making noise whenever you change sides. I could here the same noise from neighbors room as well. We stayed there on 7th December 2012. They only apologized on reporting complaint but no actions were taken.I wouldn't go there and stay again. Not at all satisfied.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Sudbury Travelodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Mr. Patel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was disappointed to hear about your experience with us. We will certainly have the bed in the room you stayed in looked after. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your stay wasn’t as pleasant as it should have been. I look forward to another opportunity to show you our hospitality.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked this hotel for two nights, november 20-22, it is well situated to all attraction, the rooms are comfortable and clean. there is an indoor pool with whirlpool. Perkins restaurant is right nex door. the staff are friendly and polite. Will book there again. Thanks to all the staff of travelodge

Room Tip: You can make a request at the hotel and they will do anything to accomodate you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Sudbury Travelodge Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Hi jpdupuis,

It's great to hear from you. It's also great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to take advantage of some of our facilities like Perkins and the pool. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are glad they helped make your stay a good one. It is always so rewarding to know our guests are happy. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had no reservation and walked in after a long drive and were given a room at a very reasonable rate. Expected to pay more actually. Clean, staff at desk were friendly and helped us with our luggage by putting it all on a dolly for us. I would definitely stay here again as it was close to all services that we needed to use while visiting the city. Restaurant attached was also filled with good choices on their menu and great service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Sudbury Travelodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Donna89Canada,
You just made my day! What a pleasure to hear that we are doing exactly what we should be doing. I have shared your comments with our staff and they are delighted to hear they were able to help. Please come back and see us soon, we are all looking forward to having you stay with us again.

Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Perhaps a bit overpriced, but the hotel is average to good. The staff were pleasant and friendly. The room was quite clean and the bed was quite comfortable. The pillows were a little too small. It was odd that there was no power assist on the lobby doors; this made entering the hotel difficult with a number of bags and gear in tow. If possible, get a room on the opposite side of the hotel from Paris Street - the traffic noise from Paris is quite loud (you can forget about sleeping in if that's what you want to do). There are vending machines for beverages only; you're out of luck if you're hungry and want a quick snack after 10:00 p.m. (when the Perkins restaurant closes). There is the option of trudging down to the lobby to get something from the "gift shop" but a snack vending machine near the room would be better.

Room Tip: Paris Street side of the hotel suffers from high traffice noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hi there Eirewolf,
I hear you loud and clear on our lobby doors! We are working on it. We should have that issue solved in the very near future. This will be a tremendous help to our guests. We are also working on some upgrades that will be completed soon. New bedding, new pillows are all on their way. We do have a food vending machine on the 1st floor as well as our gift shop in the lobby. They are stocked with all kinds of goodies and are available 24/7. When making your reservation for next time, please make sure to mention you would like a room facing away from Paris Street. We would be happy to accommodate. I am very happy to hear that our staff was friendly and made you feel welcomed. We look forward to doing it again.

Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Overall the traveloge was a place to stay. We had a large group who needed several rooms. The rooms were ok, you don't expect a grand place when you book here. For our purpose it was fine. It is close to all amenities.The staff at the front desk were pleasant.
We had breakfast at the restaurant that was in the hotel and the wait for the food was terrible. I don't know if it was because we had a large group, but they seemed very disorganized.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Bondgirl8,
Thanks for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the staff was pleasant and we were able to accommodate your group. I am not so glad to hear that you were a little disappointed. Our goal is make everyone glad they came. Saying that, I’m happy to share with you that new bedding has been ordered and new carpets are on their way. We also have a few other “facelifts” planned for the near future. I’m excited for you to come back and see what we’ve done. The Restaurant is working hard on ensuring their service levels are where they should be. We look forward to seeing you again.

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Before moving to Sudbury we made many trips here for both business and pleasure. Every time we stayed at the Travelodge we had a great experience. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean and well appointed, prices are reasonable. I would reccommend the Travelodge to family and friends.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the suites as they were larger. Higher floors are better if sports teams are staying in...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Shaddow_12,
How nice to hear from you. I am delighted that your stays here have been to your liking. We do strive to make every experience a memorable one. Next time you’re back, we will certainly have you away from any sports teams that may be staying with us. Please be sure to mention that to our Guest Service Representatives when booking your reservation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Stratford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I came to this hotel because I had just spent two nights sleeping on the bench beside my daughter's hospital bed and needed a place to unwind and sleep for a night and it is located very close to the hospital. The desk clerk was very nice and gave us a medical rate which was very helpful. On my way to the room I passed a young man in a swim suit carrying an armful of beer bottles. When I reached my room I noticed that the room door next to mine was propped open by the security bolt being engaged so the door couldn't close. I knew right then that the guy with the beer was from that room and it wasn't going to be good. The room itself was very underwhelming. The carpets were dirty, the carpeted baseboard was torn, the bedspreads had stains and were kind of gross. I compared that with the room picture on the website and the reality wasn't even close. I was getting ready to take a bath and all I could hear were doors slamming. Apparently the guys next door also had a room across the hall - also with the security lock engaged - and they were going back and forth. I knew there was no chance I'd be getting any sleep. I called to the front desk, explained the situation and asked to be moved. I normally wouldn't have complained but I was so tired. The clerk was so nice! He immediately apologized, told be to come to the front desk and said he'd move me to a room far away from the partiers. I was so grateful. He moved me to the third floor and it was blissfully quiet. The decor was still not the greatest, the bedspread had burn holes, but I was able to sleep. If anything, this hotel just needs to be updated and maintained. No complaints about the front desk service at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gynette_Cousineau-GM, General Manager at Sudbury Travelodge Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hi there MoosefanMcG,
It’s always nice to hear from our guests. Good or bad, it really is the only way we can make a difference in your stay. I was very pleased to hear that our Front Desk was helpful, kind and able to accommodate your needs. I agree with you regarding the bedspreads, which is why I am so happy to share with you that new bedding has been ordered. In just a short while all of our rooms will have brand new, fresh, modern bedding. We also have a plan in place to replace the carpets. We are excited about these changes and trust you will notice a big difference on your next stay.
Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope your daughter is doing well.

Been to Sudbury Travelodge Hotel? Share your experiences!