“I don't think so....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Sudbury

You added Comfort Inn Sudbury to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Sudbury
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2171 Regent St. South, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 5V3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto
“I don't think so....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

So, this summer I stayed here a couple nights when my boyfriend was working in town. I remember the main level hallway smelled of pot and I can't believe they still have smoking rooms! The bathroom needed work and there was an old tv in the hallway for I don't know how long? Seriously, the girl at the front desk, the cute one, was really helpful and she did her best to make my stay ok, but I would never stay here on my own and I could never recommend it to anyone! Sorry!

Room Tip: Room at the front lower level at least have a walk out....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nogales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The best I can say about this hotel is that it is conveniently located. It is across the street from a shopping center with Canadian Tire and three restaurants and a CAA office. It is within two miles of WalMart and LCBO. They do take dogs and there is grass in the back which makes for a small but okay dog walking area. The ground floor rooms have sliding doors but if you are sitting at the computer desk, the room is so small you have to walk on the bed or move the chair to reach the sliding doors. Everything seemed outdated. The staff were friendly and breakfast in the small lobby was okay. We paid more for this room than any other room on our cross-country trip and it was the worst.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, the ground floor rooms with sliding doors are convenient.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed at the comfort inn on July 26 and 27th. You get an excellent view of the parking lot and a dairy queen drive thru. You get hard boiled eggs and cereal and cold stale coffee for breakfast which only served until 9:30am. There is not really anywhere to sit and on top of that there is no swimming pool either. Which is not a big deal in itself but for $130 a night we could of stayed at the radisson which does. However beds were very comfortable and the tv has a good selection of channels. I also liked how the room a a refridgerator which is pretty good.
all things considered not bad but not good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

What a joke free breakfast says on the sign they have no eggs they serve butter tarts old coffee to the bottem of the pot.was all a big joke to the manager that day worst comfort inn I have ever been to wallpaper was peeling off my bathroom wall dirty carpets overpriced room and the front desk manager was horrible she should be working at a laundry mat servicing machines not people room 140, July 21/2012

• Stayed July 2012
Port Rowan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We travelled from Lake Erie area to Winnipeg and back and stayed at several Comfort Inns. This was, by far, the best experience. Very friendly staff, koodos to Kim the assistant manager, excellent breakfast (even had bacon and eggs on the menu), clean rooms and pet friendley(our dog travelled with us). The first floor where we stayed was smoke free and unlike the other inns, there was no smokey odour. Beds were comfortable, amenities were within walking distance and they even had the best facilities for our dog. When travelling again we will definitely use this hotel again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We had a great room. It was two double beds. Very comfortable. Tons of pillows - 6 per bed I think - felt like a queen! (soft pillows) New flat screen - channels were ok.

There was a fridge - I would recommend calling in advance and asking them to turn it on though - getting in late in the day, I found out it was not turned on!! Wanting to put our food into it - I had to turn it on high for I had no idea how cold it would actually get. Plus, my food had to be in warm air even longer. By morning - our ice packs were indeed frozen, our milk was perfectly cold - I was concerned with the pasta salad as it had been in the warm so long.

Now we were doing some web browsing - we got kicked off. Said to wait 15 minutes. We did - were not able to get back on & as it was close to bed time - we opted to just go to sleep. I had been trying to use youtube - could only watch one thing as it was so slow - must have been busy (it was a friday night afterall).

The air conditioner we put on low - I think next time I would put it on medium because I was so hot when I woke up. Didn't take long to cool down once I turned it up a notch - older style or maybe typical style so it was guess work for me.

Now here was a great feature - we stayed on the ground floor on the Dairy Queen side - awesome! My daughter went through, opened the patio door to our room & voila, two steps to carry everything into our room. That was awesome!! I loved that the most. I'd stay here again, I'd make sure to call and ask them to turn on the fridge & I'd definitely sleep with the a/c on at least medium. (oh and I'd probably bring a movie to watch on my laptop as we never did see anything good on the few channels - and internet was down) But we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it.

Great location - across from Canadian Tire, East side Mario's, Zonga's restaurant. And just minutes from shopping! For the price we got this for - the little things that were con - there were more pro's.

Hot breakfast? hm. toast, hard boiled eggs, butter tarts, pre-made waffles you put in toaster, cereals. I don't remember anything else hot so I wouldn't count on anything spectacular - we were content. My daughter had cereal & I had toast. Perfect.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor room with patio doors. Not noisey, even though we were next to Dairy Quee...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This place is horrible. The room is advertised as non-smoking but the floor is full of smoking rooms and the smell in the hallway will gag you. The doors of the rooms can be heard banging late at night and early in the morning. The space for breakfast is about the size of small room. Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Sudbury? Share your experiences!