“Great Location - No Muss No Fuss” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   440 Second Avenue N, Sudbury, Ontario P3B 4A4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Powassan, Canada
“Great Location - No Muss No Fuss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn East, as I had to attend a training course at Finlandia Village and it is only 5 minutes away. This hotel is super-easy to find, and is in a great location if you don't have to go right into the city and want to avoid downtown. There are restaurants and stores nearby so if you want to browse and have a bite to eat, you can either drive or walk as it's not far.

Reservation, Check In, and Check Out were all friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was good for someone who is in a hurry and just wants to grab a quick bite and get going. Next time I think I will opt out of staying on the ground level near the side entrance, as it is a bit noisy with people opening and closing their doors, but I am sure the second level would be quieter, so this was not a huge deal.

The room was clean and toasty warm upon arrival. The bed was comfy, the shower and t.v. worked great, and there is a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room, so it has everything you need if you are just there to stay briefly and want no frills if you are travelling for business.

Nothing fancy, but it was a brief business overnighter so if that is what you are looking for, it fits the bill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

It is an okay property, decent parking, close to food, Rooms were clean and I had no complaints but basic, The staff at the front desk were very friendly in the morning and liked their Tim's. Breakfast was well stocked, apples, bananas, yogurt etc but the coffee was brutal. Location is good, felt safe there. Would be happy to stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here while travelling for business. Almost always book with Choice Hotels chain as I can always count on getting a nice place to stay. Hotel is in a rather pleasent location and close to restaurants. Check-in went smoothly. Plenty of parking. The food served for the free continental breakfast is ideal. The room was nice and clean as I expected for this hotel chain and the bed was very comfortable. The rates at this hotel are not the cheapest. The hotel would be a better value if the rates were a little cheaper.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MichelleWolfe, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank You CurtA for writting a review. It is great that you took the time to give positive feed back.
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Long drive to Sudbury, check in was great, beds were soft. I will stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sudbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I recently stayed there and when checking in, the staff was pleasent. I booked a smoking room and as a smoker, you could definitely tell they don't clean their smoking rooms. I went out for the evening with some friends in town and had a couple back in the room later on. I had one of the staff come down and request that the loudness be lowered to an acceptable volume, in which we complied. When checking out in the morning, the front desk clerk advised me that due to the excessive loudness that I was black listed from all Choice hotels, also I checked my credit card statement the following Wednesday and an additional charge of $150.00 was added to my credit card for "extra cleaning" and noise complaints!! The room was in the exact same shape as it was when walking in the door and the noise was not even an issue.

I highly don't recommend staying at this hotel as to the experience I received. I travel extensively across the country and internationally; this is probably the worst place I've ever stayed at and I'd surely be happy to not occupy Choice Hotels abroad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Timmins, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Its a no frills hotel for sure and definitely caters to the industrial workers needs in the area. A lot of times its completely booked out and the parking lot is full of driller and construction company trucks.

With that said its not in bad shape considering its heavy use by that sort of customer and its normally not to loud (just try and not get a room by the door). They also have some nice pet friendly rooms where it has a sliding door to get outside for a quick walk with them.

They also don't have a gym but you can get a pass to the Goodlife just down the road.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with the door next to the lobby. The door is very loud and used at all times o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
South River, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The front desk staff wasn't verry helpfull , but the cleaning lady sure was .
We chose a smokeing room , But the front desk told us they had know ashtrays since the gest keep takeing them and to use a glass with water in it . So we went to the dolar store and got 3 for a dolar.
We chose the location because of a Wedding we were going to was just around the corner at the Art Centre .
The front dest staff told us we could park outside our room which was great because our room # was on the outside of our patio door and we had brought our classic car. But when we came back to our room after shopping at 9 pm someone was in that parking spot and there was know other parking spots on that side of the building so I went to the front dest to see what could be done and she told me there were know asigned parking spots and to park were ever we could find room .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn East? Share your experiences!