“Decent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
London
“Decent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Stayed here while travelling for business. Almost always book with Choice Hotels chain as I can always count on getting a nice place to stay. Hotel is in a rather pleasent location and close to restaurants. Check-in went smoothly. Plenty of parking. The food served for the free continental breakfast is ideal. The room was nice and clean as I expected for this hotel chain and the bed was very comfortable. The rates at this hotel are not the cheapest. The hotel would be a better value if the rates were a little cheaper.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
MichelleWolfe, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank You CurtA for writting a review. It is great that you took the time to give positive feed back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Long drive to Sudbury, check in was great, beds were soft. I will stay again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sudbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I recently stayed there and when checking in, the staff was pleasent. I booked a smoking room and as a smoker, you could definitely tell they don't clean their smoking rooms. I went out for the evening with some friends in town and had a couple back in the room later on. I had one of the staff come down and request that the loudness be lowered to an acceptable volume, in which we complied. When checking out in the morning, the front desk clerk advised me that due to the excessive loudness that I was black listed from all Choice hotels, also I checked my credit card statement the following Wednesday and an additional charge of $150.00 was added to my credit card for "extra cleaning" and noise complaints!! The room was in the exact same shape as it was when walking in the door and the noise was not even an issue.

I highly don't recommend staying at this hotel as to the experience I received. I travel extensively across the country and internationally; this is probably the worst place I've ever stayed at and I'd surely be happy to not occupy Choice Hotels abroad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Timmins, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Its a no frills hotel for sure and definitely caters to the industrial workers needs in the area. A lot of times its completely booked out and the parking lot is full of driller and construction company trucks.

With that said its not in bad shape considering its heavy use by that sort of customer and its normally not to loud (just try and not get a room by the door). They also have some nice pet friendly rooms where it has a sliding door to get outside for a quick walk with them.

They also don't have a gym but you can get a pass to the Goodlife just down the road.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with the door next to the lobby. The door is very loud and used at all times o...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
South River, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The front desk staff wasn't verry helpfull , but the cleaning lady sure was .
We chose a smokeing room , But the front desk told us they had know ashtrays since the gest keep takeing them and to use a glass with water in it . So we went to the dolar store and got 3 for a dolar.
We chose the location because of a Wedding we were going to was just around the corner at the Art Centre .
The front dest staff told us we could park outside our room which was great because our room # was on the outside of our patio door and we had brought our classic car. But when we came back to our room after shopping at 9 pm someone was in that parking spot and there was know other parking spots on that side of the building so I went to the front dest to see what could be done and she told me there were know asigned parking spots and to park were ever we could find room .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have stayed here a few times and I always enjoy it. The Fron Desk staff are some of the friendliest I have ever encountered. The room was clean and very comfortable. I really felt at home there. I was surprised that I got my wake up call at 6am from a real person. Haven't had that in a long time! The Breakfast in the Lobby was better than most Comfort Inns that I have stayed at . There was a great selection including Hot Oatmeal and Yougurt which I have never seen at another Comfort Inn. The only thing missing was Cheez Whiz for my bagel. Some of the Comfort Inn's in Quebec have Cheez Whiz. The check out was fast and friendly and I will always stay there while I am in Sudbury even though there are a few new Hotels in the area. This is a place where they make you feel like a real guest. Not a number.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
My staff and I thank you for staying with us and we are happy that you had a great experience. This is our "reward". Cheese Whiz? You just might see it on the menu on your next stay. Thank you for your comments and we will look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn this past Saturday night. (October2,2010). The first thing i would like to say is the staff was great. The lady working was friendly, efficient and made good conversation. She also gave me easy directions and recommend some great things to do. However that was the only good thing about my stay there. The room smelled sooo bad of smoke i had to go out and buy Lysol to mask the smell cause the spray they gave me to deodorize was horrible. And the Lysol still only lasted a half hour before i was spraying it again. Also I woke up covered in flea bite. Like I mean I had 12 bites on my back and legs, to me that's a lot of bites and they were super uncomfortable on my long car ride home. I called the hotel when i got home and the lady working assured me that her manager would get in touch with me the next day, she verified my information and made me feel like something would come from my situation and sure enough....NO CALL. Nothing! I tried calling back there and the lady at the desk once again took my information and once again NOTHING!!! Thank You Comfort Inn Sudbury cause I will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Comfort Inn East, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
As a General Manager, I am always sensitive to our guests' needs. When the guest told my staff, my first order of business was to have the room investigated by a professional exterminator, which we did. They declared the room insect free. We did attempt to communicate with our guest but were not able to get through. We did however mail them a letter, explaining our course of action. Our guests are very important to us.

Been to Comfort Inn East? Share your experiences!