“Great date place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great date place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Can't say enough good about this restaurant!! The staff (we dealt with Tom and Debbie) were so helpful, funny, and welcoming!! It is a great place to eat and the food is amazing!! We had the goat cheese dip and caesar salad (best I've ever had), and chicken. I get cravings for this food almost weekly!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
“High class restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place is downtown, and the neighbourhood is slightly dodgy, but you'll forget all that once you're in the door. The meals here are expsenive, and often to die for. They have gluten free offerings as well. Recommended.

Visited April 2012
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Had a great time. Portebello veggie burger was very yummy!

Visited April 2012
Sudbury, Canada
“Nice Place, Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been here twice and some friends have been a few times as well. My review will encompass everyone's take on the food.

The appetizers from what I have heard (especially the antipasto) are excellent/amazing and a must try. One of my dining companions is a huge food snob and he is still raving about the aforementioned antipasto.

The burgers are pretty good with somewhat more exotic fare than your Jack Astor's. My friend had a veggie burger which was made up of a giant mushroom with other veggies. I had a pecan and almond crusted burger with goat cheese, and a second friend of mine had the pepper crusted burger. All three of us enjoyed our burgers, however I found that there was maybe a tad bit too much goat cheese (it overpowered the burger flavor) and the crust on the patty kept moving until there was no more on the burger. My friend who had the veggie burger absolutely loved hers, same for my friend who had the pepper burger. The french fries that accompany the burgers are double-fried and are the awesomest fries I have ever eaten!

I have tried their cheesecake and while it wasn't the worst I have had in Sudbury, it also wasn't the best, and for the price, could be better. My friends told me the chocolate torte is deadly and the creme brulee is to die for. From what I understand therefore, all desserts but the cheesecake are out of this world.

I have also had some drinks there. The mixed drinks were very tasty and the waiter insisted he could make anything we wanted whether it was on the menu or not. Beers are plentiful and the wine is quite good.

The wait staff is very friendly, helpful and polite. Service was quite quick although every time I went the restaurant was quite empty.

Parking was a little tricky as their lot itself is very small. However, after 4:30pm on weeknights and on weekends all the lots around the building are free and you can park anywhere. I was a little confused as there are many signs saying "Permit Parking Only". These only apply to regular weekday business hours I guess as I didn't get towed!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Gluten Free menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The food was great, and the atmosphere is cosy. The food was presented well and cooked exactly as requested. Great for intimate gathering.