“beats the hell out of super 8” 5 of 5 stars

Imperial Fireside Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1111 Lorne Street, Sudbury, Ontario P3C 4S8, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto
“beats the hell out of super 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The room was nicer than places I've paid twice as much to stay in. Really friendly owners who gave me a great rate for a double room when they were out of singles.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Great hospitality, very clean, good shower and new fluffy towels. Thanks

Stayed April 2012
ONTARIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I needed a overnight hotel. Checked tripadvisor and this hotel came up 4th overall. Couldn't see why a 2.5 star would place #4. The Inn is located on Lorne, you can see the Big Nickel from the parking lot. We booked a double ($98 taxes in) over the phone with no trouble what so ever and a very nice "looking forward to seeing you and have a safe drive." The Inn from the outside is very clean and neatly kept. The Innkeeper was very friendly and informative about directions to where we needed to go. Offered us a upstairs or downstairs room. It's a 2 storey drive up Inn. We stayed on the main level (104-I believe). This is a older Inn -you won't find shiny sleek marble top countertops in the bathroom or flat screen TV's. It is not state of the art. What you will find is super clean, basic, comfortable rooms with full choice of cable and wifi internet (at no extra charge), clean soft, plush towels and a solid flow of hot water in your shower. Parking right at your door. Easy to get to. I'll stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel room,located minutes from any of Sudbury's sites, this is it! The family, who owns and operates the hotel, is friendly, helpful and takes excellent care of their rooms. Little extras like a refrigerator, microwave, plush, non-commercial towels, feather duvets, ample storage space, bedside reading lamps and separate toilet and sink area, make this ideal for overnight or long-term stays. The hotel is located less than 10 minutes from Health Science North for those who have loved ones in hospital. Reduced hospital rates are also available. The microwave and refrigerator also make it possible to prepare simple meals and, thus, avoid expensive restaurant food. I will, definitely, stay here again when in Sudbury.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This place has been around since I've been around, and I'm from Sudbury. I've never had the chance to stay at a Sudbury hotel since I've moved away--until now. I made my choice based on TripAd. And I have to admit, I was surprised that it was rated so high. I've seen this place on Lorne St since I was a kid, and thought it was just a run-of-the-mill strip motel.

Glad I stayed here. Clean and simple. And I mean really clean. Really really clean. I thought that being this inexpensive that there would be "compromises." Nope. A very comfortable, firm queen bed, a desk, a TV with drawers, a microwave, fridge, and complete bathroom. Free wifi. And the price cannot be beat.

What did I miss? There is no hair dryer or ironing board and iron. The towels are older, and the tub could use reglazing. It was a bit overheated and I couldn't control the heat (so I opened the window). But those are quibbles. This is no-frills without any compromises. Nice hosts too.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102. I don't know what the others were like, but I imagine they were the same.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
KITCHENER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed 6 nights in mid October 2011 and found the host and hostess so accommidating.
They switched our room when we didn't want to do stairs. We had a fridge, micro and reading lamps above the beds. The price was very reasonable. They did their best to help us with every request. The room was clean and cleaned well every day. They care about their motel and it shows. Upgrades are obvious in the room even though the motel is older they work hard to keep it up. Good internet and parking. Comfortable beds. Friendly folks.
Wow.

Room Tip: lower floor has no stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Fenelon Falls Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have stayed in this motel 3 times now and have always been satisfied with the cleanliness and the value. The internet is an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Imperial Fireside Inn? Share your experiences!