“Nice Hotel Nasty Desk Manager” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2270 Regent Street, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 0B4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice Hotel Nasty Desk Manager”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

It's a long story . . . we won't go back Not sure that the Manager understands what 100% Satisfaction means. Most staff were very nice . . lady at check in made us feel like leaving before arriving. We have stayed in dozens of Hilton chain hotels across North America. Every one of them booked and paid for on the Visa on file under my Hilton Honors card. This was seemingly not good enough for this lady and proceeded to explain to my Wife how she believed we were trying to perpetrate some criminal credit card scam. Nice greeting By the way the Pool is almost never working and open despite what they will tell you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Cornelius7,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us, and we made an adjustment to your billing in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

kristina.pardaens@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Worked very late, it was snowing and not looking forward driving back to the city. Snow covered road and a bright sign Hilton Homewood Suites changed my mind to bed down for the night. Always a nice chain hotel no matter where I have stayed, this property was no different. Nice clean spacious room, with brekky included. Great night sleep on a comfy king bed. Check it out if you are passing thru.

Room Tip: Room 111, main floor overlooked the pool area...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear mikeyC181,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and more importantly that we, as a brand, have been able to provide you with a consistently great stay!

We look forward to having you stay with us again. If we can provide any additional information or assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sault Ste. Marie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on several occasions what a nice place. If you stay during the week they have a supper buffet. Nothing fancy but well worth checking out. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I wish I traveled here more for work.

• Stayed May 2013
KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear chipguy98,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the Homewood Sudbury! We wish you traveled to Sudbury more often too!

St. Catharinea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Kinda pricey for what you get. Thought that the meals included in the price would have been a little bit better quality. Food was basic with one choice of main meal only. It was difficult to find someone to purchase a beverage from. No fan in the bathroom which is unusual. A friend sent a gift which was in the room upon arrival so that in itself was impressive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sheila K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are sorry to hear that you left the Homewood Sudbury without being 100% satisfied. I would definitely like to speak with you further regarding your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email address provided below.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have stayed 8 nights during a business trip to Sudbury and could not have chosen a better hotel. The price is very good and it has free wi-fi, breakfast and a monday to thursday dinner included. The rooms are spacious with a comfotable king bed.

I have a problem with my credit card and I was promptly helped by the staff.
If I am back in Sudbury, is there I will stay again!

Room Tip: Choose the 1 Bed room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Traveller_Brazlian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Sudbury.

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked a one bedroom suite as a getaway for Valentines day. The room was as advertised. It was clean, comfortable and had all the amenities I expected. My only disappointment was that I had to leave the hotel to get something to eat. Other than that, I was quite satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

KristinaPardaens, Manager at Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear David J,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments and suggestions from guests, such as yourself, that we can continue to improve. Our team is thrilled to hear that your room was clean and comfortable! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Sudbury!

ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I really love the Homewood Chain and USUALLY prefer to stay with them, BUT the one in Sudbury is Terrible.
Upon arrival, at 3:30 in the afternoon, we were told that they did not have our room ready. I asked if they had ANY rooms ready, and the only one was a single king bed with pullout. (we had reserved 2 queens, as we were traveling as a family with small children.
We are allergic to feathers and the maid was to bring in some feather-free pillows. WELL! She did alright! The maid brought us two pillows that were so totally covered in hair it was unbelievable! Long hair, short hair, black hair, brown hair, you name it! I had watched her bring them from a room down the hall.
I brought the pillows to the front desk and the clerk was astounded.
She actually removed all charges for the night for me.
When I went back up to the room, the maids were in the hall talking about me in a very rude manner and then whispered "shhh here she comes".

In our bathroom there was more hair! Giant hairs in the sink, which I washed down the drain.
The coffee maker was in the dishwasher with a bunch of other dishes!!! AND to top off the kitchen, there was rice inside the basket of the coffee maker when I went to use it in the morning! Weird.

Our room when we entered it was 15 degrees C. FREEZING! It took forever for us to warm up, with the extremely loud heating system. I was up all night turning it on and off and on and off,,,it was either freezing, or too loud to sleep. AWFUL.
The water never got very warm for our showers in the morning either,,,not sure why that would be.

I asked the clerk at the front desk for directions to the pool, which she kindly gave me,,,but she failed to mention that the pool heater was broken.
My kids decided to use the pool anyway,,,and it was freezing. The adjoining bathroom was as cold as outside, being it was on an outside wall with no heat turned on. I can't believe the clerk let us go in there in February. Astounding.

SO,,the food. I usually like the food at the Homewoods. Free is great,,,NOT IN SUDBURY. The breakfast we tried to eat was DISGUSTING. The eggs were rubber, the hashbrown type things were starchy and cold, the sausages ,,,yuck. The staff was slow to replenish the bagels etc,,,which was the only thing people were eating. Everyone thought the food was terrible. Even the coffee was awful.

So, after being disrespected by the maids, and malinformed by the clerk, and having NO sleep at all, being freezing since we got there, and starving, we drove our girls to Hanmer for their swim meet. We were so happy to get out of the Homewood Sudbury.

Never Ever Again will we go there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear spoiledcanadian,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

kristina.pardaens@hilton.com

Been to Homewood Suites Sudbury Ontario? Share your experiences!