“service all over the place” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Sudbury
Kitchener, Canada
“service all over the place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

This is probably one of the best hotels in Sudbury and if you had asked me prior to our check-out, I would've said it was the number one hotel. The room was great, cleaning staff was awesome & helpful and while the pool was cold and a little dirty (lots of hair on the deck), I would still say it was okay. However, when I went to check out, the lady there was SO unfriendly that it just left a bad taste in my mouth. There was no asking "how was your stay" or even any small talk at all. I really expect a lot more from the Hampton when their service is normally so great. I thought the Homewood & Hampton were pretty much interchangeable but I think I would go back to the Homewood next time.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
Manitoulin Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

The price was more than we normally would pay for a room, but we received a discount due to a "January Sale" so we thought we would try it out. I cannot think of one fault - our expectations were exceeded in every regard. Highlights include the room layout and decor with a desk, king bed and a jacuzzi - great after our challenging day of cross country skiing. A leisurely self serve breakfast in the morning was highly enjoyable with lots of quality food. I appreciated the quiet nights sleep.

My wife and I discussed squatting there and never leaving, but we had to get back to our cats as they would run out of food in a few days.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Sault Ste. Marie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton on a weekend trip to Sudbury. I was disappointed to find that they do not provide a fridge or microwave, which made things hard for as, as we had our 5-month old daughter with us. Our room was clean, the decor was fine, and the sheets were nice...but quite frankly, we could have had all of those things at the Super-8 for half the cost. Also...the bathroom tissue was something akin to sandpaper, which is a bit disappointing in a hotel that calls itself upscale. Lastly, the televeision was very small...not what we've been used to with hotels in this price range.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I was traveling through and stayed at the Hampton Inn and suites in Sudbury. The hotel was very new at the time, very clean and very modern. It was a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

I was in Sudbury for work for a few days in May, and this hotel was perfect. Check-in service was quick and efficient, and most importantly, the staff were very polite. The room was fantastic - the bed was super comfy and the bathroom was immaculate (who likes a dirty bathroom!?!?). Toiletries were surprisingly nice - brand is Purity Basics.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was satisfying (includes hot items). Coffee and breakfast-to-go was a bonus. Wish I had known about the "breakfast-in-a-bag" before my last day there!

For dinner, go to "Respect is Burning." It was recommended by other tripadvisors and I also highly recommend it. If you're in the mood for fast food, go to Deluxe Hamburgers. Chicken burger with gravy is good.

Happy travels!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Penetanguishene
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Family trip to science north 2 night stay at hotel with 2 small children, very comfortable beds , Small pool was good for a quick dip at the end of the day. Hot complementry breakfast excellent added bonus for family with small kids , they could pick from a good varitey of items hot and cold. The staff was very helpful and friendly . I will stay here if and when I return to Sudbury...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
North Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. It is very new. It is, however, typical of a new hotel. There is nothing extraordinary about it. Complimentary bacon and egg breakfast is average. You can find just as good a deal staying at any other common chain that has recently put up a new hotel. It's just the matter of finding one in the area you want. Again, I have no complaints, it is a very clean & comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Sudbury? Share your experiences!