“Always reliable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Always reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

An ageing property for sure but you can rely on it being clean and well maintained. We have been using Majer's for trips to the Festival for a number of years and always count on the price being the same and the reception being the same. This time I left my iPad cable behind and they were very helpful in finding it and getting it back to me. Although a very tired building it is very clean and the grass and pool and parking lot in tip top shape. Great value for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room between #16 and 20 if you are a non smoker. Although the motel advertises tha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Basic accomodation but spotless rooms and everything neat, tidy and clean. A comfortable bed and a great nights sleep. Nice and quiet. Very reasonable and I'd stay here again. A swimming pool but no other facilities (which we weren't there to use anyway). We are pre retirement and there for the plays.

Room Tip: We had room 31 which was at the back on the end. One double bed. Very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have visited Stratford many times in the past, first time at this cute motel. The rooms are very clean and staff very friendly. With this hot weather we spent two days in the outdoor pool enjoying a cool swim. We brought some fruit snacks and cold beverages to the little table by the pool.
Great fun and sun. We plan to stay here again on our visit at the end of the season.
If you like birds, plenty to see here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My friend and I just returned from Stratford yesterday. We stayed at Majer's Motel for four days. We continue to stay at Majer's annually for many years because the hospitality is great from Arduman & Santosh Bajwa. The room is clean, and just right for two people at a good price. I enjoy the many flowers and a large lawn, so well taken care of, as well as a gazebo, flowing fountain, and pool. There is plenty of room to walk, sit outside in a chair or at a picnic table. I've noticed improvements in the room, such as new window shades and mattresses that are just right for sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here in the fall of 2011 and again early May 2012, the room had been renovated, all new furniture, very clean, decent price. The only trouble wireless internet was not strong and had to be rest, they could fix this by adding a couple more cheap routers. I will be staying there again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I had been travelling for a long time and wanted a quick stop for the night and were surprised with how great this motel turned out to be. They were very accommodating and nice for service and the rooms were really cute and just very very nice! Also as someone with a bad back I was happy with the mattresses. Also it is secluded enough that you are looking out at fields from your back window. Plus the room I was in had 4 windows and which made it very airy and bright adding to the niceness.

My only complaint would be the TVs, I like to watch tv when I'm at a hotel and their tvs were small and I would have preferred a larger screen but that is a small complaint (their channel selection was great though) also their wireless internet was great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Majer's is a great place to stay if you're just looking for a cheap place to crash while you take in some plays. I've been staying here with my family since I was in high school (probably 15 years ago!) and now often stay there with my own family. It's quiet, comfortable, and very clean. If you're looking for luxury, this probably isn't the place, but there's nothing to complain about.

Downsides: it's not within walking distance to downtown, which I miss a little. It's fairly easy to find parking in downtown Stratford, though. I also really wish they took dogs. We sometimes like to bring our pooch to Stratford with us, but that means finding somewhere else to stay. We'd stay at Majer's every time we go to Stratford if they'd just set aside a few of the older rooms to be pet-friendly. We'd keep him crated; he doesn't mind!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Majer's Motel? Share your experiences!