“Will never again eat a place where I was called a liar” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 111 Restaurants in Stratford
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Stratford, Canada
“Will never again eat a place where I was called a liar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have had breakfast here many times. Usually we come early in the day. This time it was just after lunch so I decided to order a steak sandwich and a side salad instead. My husband ordered pancakes. Then we waited and waited and waited. Tables around us got their food and we still waited. Finally we asked our waitress and she went to see what was up. It seems our order had been lost. So we waited even longer. Instead of trying to make us happy we had to sit and listen to the waitress and the cook argue.

We finally got our food. My husbands pancakes were just covered in powdered sugar. I started to eat my sandwich which was covered in a BBQ sauce of some sort and not to my taste. I then switched to my salad which after eating two fork fulls I found a bug sitting on a lettuce leaf very much alive. I called the waitress over and showed her right away. She was of course very sorry and took it show the cook. He took one look at it and said it was impossible for the bug to be there as he had just washed the lettuce that morning. You have to understand that this is a very open place and we were not far from where the cook was. That and he said it loud enough that the whole place heard him. He then took my plate and dumped it in the garbage. I was floored. Not only did I not get to finish my food but the man had just accused me of lying. Or that I put the bug in my own salad which I did not. Either way I was in the wrong. What happened to pleasing your customers? I was not asking for a free meal just a bug free salad. The poor waitress had to come back and try to explain what happened. I told her that I didn't blame her but that I would be calling the owners.

We left shortly after that, and yes I did have to pay for my meal that got thrown out before I was finished.

The next day I called and left a message for the owner or manager to call me. I then waited two days and got no call. I called again and left another message and no call again. I just gave up. Never again will I spend one dime in that place if that is how they treat their customers.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Tavistock, Canada
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Been there multiple times over past decade. Open for breakfast and lunch. Always consistent, with a very cosy atmosphere even though it is always very busy. It's neat to sit at the counter and watch the cooks do their thing. Service is really good, very friendly. Food is fabulous.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Went here for breakfast after reading the reviews. It lives up to its praise - this is a great diner-style breakfast place. Definitely go in hungry.

My husband had the early-breakfast special (approx. $5), and I had one of their traditional plates, eggs with bruschetta (approx $8-9). Both had lots of food on them - each had a small portion of baked beans, plenty of home fries, and toast. His also had 3 sausages and 3 eggs - a great value. For me, the bruschetta option really kicked it up a notch - gave great flavour to an otherwise standard (but good) diner breakfast. I would really recommend this dish.

It seemed a bit busy, our server was friendly but left a few others waiting for a bit. But the food was prompt and overall it is exactly what you would hope for from nice diner. We weren't served by the infamous Dan, but we heard him delighting other customers.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Goderich, Canada
“Awesome breakfast with great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything cooked to our liking and super friendly service from long time male server...super chearfull all the time...

Visited October 2012
Stratford, Canada
“Diner style brunch - cheesy but good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

You can't go wrong here. This is a campy breakfast diner. Locals love it. The decor is terrible, the service, prices and food are great. This is the place to go for an early breakfast or late brunch. Lots of menu options and great value - even for the BIGGEST appetite.

• Visited October 2012