“Nice rooms, inflexible staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Arden Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stratford
Arden Park Hotel
You added Arden Park Hotel to your Saves list
552 Ontario St | P.O.Box #1040, Stratford, Ontario N5A 6W4, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Stratford
Ontario
“Nice rooms, inflexible staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2008

The rooms are really nice. Well furnished, quiet, solid.

We're booked in for a conference, where the hotel is providing the facilities. The last session is to end at 12:30, where my spouse is. I'm in the room.

I did not think to ask for a late checkout. The checkout time is not noted in the room or on the folder with your key.

Housekeeping came knocking at 11:30, told me I shouldn't be there. Then told me to call the front desk to ask for a late checkout. I did that, and they would not give us one.

Since they're providing the facility for the sessions, I think they should be more flexible if they want the conference back next year.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kingsville, ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

I booked this hotel, having stayed there a few years ago with girlfriends, and remembering it to be a great experience then. I was not disappointed this time either. The beds are amazingly comfortable! Spacious, clean rooms and bathrooms, and you will never find yourself wishing for anything. My husband and I would return there in a heartbeat.
I highly recommend the Annex Restaurant uptown for lunch (their seafood linguine is incredible!)
Walking along the river is something every visitor has to do, but don't forget your camera.

• Liked — Comfortable room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

I have been visiting Stratford for over 35 years and go several times a year. Over this time, I've stayed out of town, at the Festival Inn (old & renovated), various B&B's, last year at the River Garden Inn (see my review) and keep returning to the Arden Park. It's the only place I will stay in Stratford. Yes it's a little pricey but the luxury is worh it--large, extremely clean linens and room and polite, courteous & professional staff. We particularly enjoy walking to town and to the theatres. The restaurant is not haute cuisine but does offer an outstanding Sunday brunch. Stay here and you won't be sorry.

• Liked — Location & Luxury
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

This hotel is located close to the downtown area of Stratford, and it is within easy walking distance of the Festival Theater and gardens. We stayed here one night with a group tour. The hotel was satisfactory. The lobby is nice. Our guest room was large as was the bathroom, and both were clean. The room had a mini-refrigerator and two double beds. The staff of the hotel was friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Close to town center.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

We booked 1 night here after Christmas, queen room. We arrived to smooth check-in but found a group of hockey parents in the hallway outside our room talking and drinking. there was a tournament in town. I am a hockey parent so i understand, but was hoping for something quieter.

We went back to the desk and explained the situation. The clerk moved us to a Junior jucuzzi suite in a quiet part of the hotel at no extra cost. this was a huge room with elec. fire place, whirlpool tub etc. Very nice.

The pool was relatively small, but good for a quick dip. The hot tub was comfortable but could have been warmer.

We didn't try the restaurant.

this hotel is a 2 minute drive from the downtown core which is packed with great shops.

While the hotel was nice, I think next time I will try one of the victorian boutique hotels.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Kingston, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

This hotel's claim to be "the newest hotel in Stratford" is a bit mystifying, as there was nothing about the hotel that appeared to be 'new'. Although the accomodations were nothing fancy, they were clean and adequate. We used the restaurant once for breakfast and the food and service were very good. I would stay there again but only if there were no vacancies at The River Garden Inn, which was recently purchased by The Arden Park Hotel and renovated at the cost of over $5 million. It is just down the street from The Arden Park Hotel and is probably now the best place in town.

Stayed October 2007
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

We stayed overnight in a 'Junior Suite' in this our 4th or 5th visit to the hotel. This room type offered a separate shower; jacuzzi tub, and living room with ornate but somewhat tacky electric fireplace in addition to the bedroom (a $10 upgrade from a standard room).

Unfortunately the bedroom wall mounted air conditioning unit was incredibly noisy and we were unable to use it for that reason. We turned on the living room air conditioning and put the ceiling fan on 'high'. It kept the sleeping area reasonable. There is a bed chesterfield in the living room area, but it was so lumpy and uncomfortable that it was unuseable. I challenge a member of the hotel management to sleep on the sofa bed overnight - an impossible task.

I thought there might be a complimentary breakfast or some other comp for no air conditioniong and a lumpy sofa bed, but the gentleman at the front desk just said 'Sorry about that'. I'm sorry too as I didn't receive value for the $179 plus tax charge. I think you can do better than the Arden Park! Keep looking!!

Stayed September 2007

Been to Arden Park Hotel? Share your experiences!