“Loud, Loud, Loud!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arden Park Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stratford
Arden Park Hotel
You added Arden Park Hotel to your Saves list
552 Ontario St | P.O.Box #1040, Stratford, Ontario N5A 6W4, Canada   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Stratford
Windsor, Canada
“Loud, Loud, Loud!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We are at the Arden Park Hotel right now, but the reason that I am writing this review at 12:40AM is because the music is so loud here that we cannot sleep! Apparently there is a big party going on in one of their conference rooms with a live band, and even though we are on the 4th floor, all we have heard for the past 2.5 hours is the loud boom of the base and drums. We called the front desk a few times and were told that they would get a manager to ask them to turn down the base. Nothing changed. We asked to speak with the manager. He came up to our room, acknowledged how loud it was and apologized. He said that the band would be done at about 1AM and said that again he would ask them to turn down the base and drum kit. That was 20 minutes ago and nothing has changed. Apparently, the hotel caters more to the groups that rent the conference rooms, not their hotel guests. Although the hotel is clean and we have enjoyed staying here in the past, we won't be back. If you are thinking about staying here, call first and find out if they have any parties going on. If they do and you would actually like to sleep while you're at the hotel, then do not stay here. Stratford has many other hotels, and I expect that the others care about the comfort and satisfaction of their hotel guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We was pleasantly surprized with this hotel. The overall premises were clean, well maintained and decorated for the upcoming Christmas season. Our room was large, clean and well decorated. The bathroom looked brand new and large as well. My only complaint was that the shower head didn't have much force and our room faced a brick wall, the other part of the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for a room either facing the highway or the side street, not the opposing part of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Meaford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed one night at the Arden Park Hotel during a visit to the Stratford Festival Theatre. We found that check in was efficient and the reservation manager a very pleasant, helpful person. He went out of his way to give us directions to the theatre, which is very close.
Our room was tastefully decorated and the wall hangings something I would have In my home. The bathroom again very pleasing to the eye. The only thing to mar the ambience was a new blood splotch on the shower curtain. We stayed in the west wing and found it very quiet. The downside could be the construction going on next door. It did not bother us at all.
The bedding was clean and the bed comfortable; however, the blanket on the bed, albeit fresh, was something I would have discarded. It most definitely was tired.
I had seen poor reports on the restaurant, but we had a great meal and great service. Granted it was almost off-season, but we told our server that we were going to the theatre and they got our meals to us promptly.
I certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: A room in the newer west wing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

In town for a wedding, reception was held at the Arden Park,,,, so we choose to stay at the Arden Park. While the parking lot is a tad crowded,,,, the overall presentation was indeed tops for us! Cleanliness of the guest room is very important to us,,, and we were not disappointed here. Bedding done perfectly, bathroom was shining... no complaints. Biggest disappointment was the morning shower,,,, get more water pressure out of a kinked garden hose!

Room Tip: As per normal,,, if your room is near the elevators,,, you will have some traffic noise from the hal...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sunderland ON Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travel frequently and of course have to stay in hotels. Despite the ridiculously high cost for a room these days and "zero" services ... like having someone help with luggage and the car etc, I must say I am completely and utterly "fed up" with hotel staff who are rude, unfriendly and ignorant. This was my recent experience at the Arden Park in Stratford, Ontario. I arrived in a rain storm to find the entrance to the hotel blocked by a bucket and mop that I had to remove while staff looked on without interest or care. I walked to the front desk to check in while two employees were engaged in discussion and completely ignored me. I finally interrupted and asked if I could please check in. The lady who was apparently assigned this responsibility stopped for a second, turned and just glared at me, and then went back to her conversation with the other staff member. I finally did get checked in by this "unhappy" person who never once smiled, said welcome or thank you for your business.

My "check out" experience was not much better. This time four staff members were chatting in the lobby in the lounge chairs and completely ignored me at the front counter until they finished their discussion. I asked the man who finally spoke to me if he would please prepare my bill, explaining that I would pick it up after loading my luggage on a cart and taking it to my car (yes it was raining and I had to move the bucket again to get out). After loading my luggage I returned to the front desk and no one was there. I waited a few minutes and finally called out to the back room to let the staff know that I was there. I walked around the desk to see if my bill had been left for me. It wasn't. I finally started to walk away when a staff member called out to see if he could "help" me. I asked if he had prepared my bill, and he completely ignored my question and asked "what was your room number again?"

Needless to say this experience has left me less than "satisfied" with my recent stay at the Arden Park in Stratford.

Oh by the way, the one star is for the room which was satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently returned to the Arden Park Hotel after a few years of not visiting Stratford and was delighted to discover that while things have changed, all the good things have stayed the same. The location cannot be beat. So close to the Festival Theatre and walking distance to the Avon and Tom Patterson Theatres. The rooms and suites are spacious. The beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows. The wifi is terrific. Parking can be a slight issue as the ballrooms at this hotel are very popular with weddings and sometimes every available space is filled, but if you park upon arrival and then stroll this gorgeous city to get where you are going, you will be fine. The front desk staff is friendly and professional. The restaurant staff the same. The hotel is slightly pricey, but in line with most of the rest of those in the city, and offering great comfort and style for the price.

Room Tip: If you are staying multiple nights, consider a suite. They are actually a better deal per square fo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Here is the review I promised: A rude receptionist wrecked our experience at the Arden Park Hotel. We were too tired to leave and they feared they would have charged us a late cancellation fee so we decided to stay ... The front desk woman "pointed informed us" that the hotel did not take cash. This person very grudgingly changed their tune when I said "Refusing the legal tender of Canada in Canada is probably illegal." Later we mentioned our dreadful "welcome" to the night manager and received an apology and in the morning better treatment at checkout from someone else (while the same person from our check-in pointedly ignored us turning their back to us). Not wanting to spend our money here because of this person, we went elsewhere for dinner. Also ... the hotel corridors stink of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Arden Park Hotel? Share your experiences!