“delicious scones and so close to the Avon Theatre” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waterloo, Canada
“delicious scones and so close to the Avon Theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

What a delightful way to spend an afternoon, sipping tiger tea and eating scones. This is what my mother and I did recently. This very cheery tea room with a sunny street view was a fun place to go. We had made reservations for 1pm and happened to be an hour late--my fault. We were greeted with warmth and hospitality, despite my blunder. A place to enjoy.

• Visited October 2012

“Simply wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently attended Harry Ten Shilling at their Stratford location. I have been to the Shakespeare location in the past and had a wonderful experience there. I was excited to try the Stratford location. When I arrived I was delighted by the coziness and wonderful use of space. The decor made me feel welcome, warm, and cozy. I was immediately greeted with a friendly welcome and shown to our seats. I was informed that because of my groupon we would be having afternoon tea and was shown a 7 page menu of tea selections! Magnificent! Tea was served and when the food arrived at the table both my guest and I were amazed at the variety of delicious homemade desserts and sandwiches! I was unsure of what all of the delectable desserts were, but before I could ask, our server began to tell us about each item. As I listened, my mouth was watering! I enjoyed the sandwiches with the aged cheddar and homemade chutney so much! The scones made fresh that day were delectable with homemade jam and rich Devon cream! When it was time for my pot of tea to be refilled, the server anticipated this and before I could ask, was at the table asking if I would like more tea! Fantastic. The service was wonderful! The food was fabulous! The price was a steal! I did buy a groupon, however I would visit at full price without question. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and the afternoon tea was amazing! I will return again and again!

• Visited March 2013
London, Canada
“Lovely afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely afternoon There was so much food for the value and the server was very nice and accommodating. I have told all of my friends about our experience and we will definitely be returning!

• Visited March 2013
Waterloo
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had such a great visit to Harry Ten Shilling last week. The tea and food was great and the atmosphere was so lovely. I loved the decor and our server went out of his way to make our visit perfect.

• Visited February 2013
Walton
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were six, celebrating a birthday & thought afternoon tea would be a real treat. NOT. We had a groupon so the cost was not as atrocious, but still even @ $12 per person, this was a HUGE ripoff. The tea was good, (what can you do to tea?) but everything else was absolutely disgusting. The much talked about scones were so stale that one bite was one too many.The sandwiches were stale & as two people were to share each tray, it was also very sparse. Half a cookie, not enuf of anything for two people to a taste. Server dressed in a sloppy, oversized sweater with sleeves hanging over everything. I usually like to find something positive to say, but I honestly can't find one good thing. This was the worst place I have ever eaten. My friends concur. I honestly can't believe that the owners/servers were not embarassed to be part of this whole charade. Sure gives Stratford eating establishments a black eye.Perhaps the Shakespere site is better, but I'll never know because I wouldn't cross their doorway again. I truly can't believe they thought they were serving a wonderful tea.

• Visited February 2013