“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto, Ontario
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dropped in here one night in October. Overall the food was quite good with generous portions. I had the steak dinner, my husband the fish special. The steak was definitely the winner. I noticed the burgers being served were wonderfully portioned and would definitely have one of those next time.

Visited October 2012

Danville, Pennsylvania
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I went to this cozy restaurant for our 1st wedding anniversary while at our son's hockey tournament. The atmosphere was great, the fod was wonderful and of course the company was perfect. My wife and I enjoyed the dinner and both commented we had not enjoyed a meal that much in a long time. The Captain Crunch ice cream pie was delicious!.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stratford, Canada
“Always hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is one of those fun and funky places you really want to like. If only they could make it so you'd get good food and quality service every time! Every time we've been in it's like we're a burden to the wait staff. The menu is uninspired and lacks variety. Too bad - I do so want to like you...

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great customer service! Food is awesome! Waitress is friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Date of Visit: Oct 22, 2012
Time of Visit: 8:33pm
No. of Customers: 2
Server: Terri-Lynn

When we arrived to the town, Stratford, we had already heard so many great reputations about the Foster's Inn. Either our B&B owner or the waitress from the other restaurants (we dined in others on our 1st day!), they both HIGHLY recommended this restaurant for us!

It was around 830pm on Monday evening. It wasn't that busy in the restaurant (maybe it's Monday! We heard that Mondays here is like Sundays in Toronto or other big cities). We waited for about a minute, our server, Terri-L. came to greet us. She smiled and showed us the table.

Terri-L. knew the menu so well. She suggested us with a few signature items and today's soups/salads. I ordered the 8oz Sirolin Steak (medium-rare) while my friend, Crystal, ordered a 7oz Tender-loin Steak (medium). The food were ready within 20 minutes cuz of steaks!

Crystal liked her steak so much, however, mine was being done over. I told my server, Terri-L., about the problem and she noticed it. She QUICKLY appologized and ordered another one for me. By the time i was waiting, I heard that she was talking to the kitchen chefs regarding the problem.

In about 12-15 minutes, Terri-L., brought in my FRESHLY PERFECT-done Steak. She was asking me whether I wanted to slice and check it first. I told her, 'it should be fine! I can see it based on its surface!' She then smiled and asked me if I wanted any black peppers on my fries. I smiled back and said to her, 'Yes please and thanks for changing it for me!'

The Steak was excellent! It was so HOT( 'smoke' was coming out when slicing on it!) and JUICY!!! I LOVE IT!!

I would love to say, 'thank-you', to my server, Terri-Lynn, and the Chefs (2x). You guys did a fantastic job! I had a great dinning experience in stratford!! I definitely would come back!

Crystal and Susanna
Toronto

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
parma
“Busy! Reserve early before a show.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

We visited for lunch on a Friday before a show at the Avon. Since we did not reserve a table we sat at their charming bar. The food was well presented and prepared with care. Save room for great deserts! Don't forget to reserve a table if you wish seating in the main dining area.