“Great Food but poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ingersoll
“Great Food but poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Well I am sad to say that my dining experience last Saturday at Downie Street Burger was terrible!! Three of us went there to eat before an 8 o'clock play. We arrived at 7 pm and I realize it was a busy time, but it was chaos. We stood at the door, no one, including the owner, spoke to or acknowledged our presence. Finally I stopped someone and asked if we could have a table. Our wait time for the table wasn't bad, ten minutes. Once we were seated, our waiter never seemed to come back. Finally, we wrote our own orders down and I walked it in to them!! Our drinks came in not so bad time but the food was a long wait and when it did come there were items missing. Like the fries! I had to walk back inside to ask for the vinegar and walk back inside to ask for drink refills. It was an awful experience. I had talked up the restraurant to my guests and I was very disappointed in the experience. The food was good good but it stopped there. I really think its not worth your time to eat there until they figure out how to treat their customers. The fastest we saw the waiter move was after we again walked inside looking for our bill, once we paid, the waiter moved very quickly for his tip on the table. Sadly, there wasn't one!!

Visited August 2013

Lima, Ohio
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a steak with a Greek salad. Both were the in the top 5 of the best I've had in 64 years! A small restaurant with optional outside seating.

Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Great Staff, Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Delicious burgers! Friendly staff, Lovely decor. I had a yummy portobello burger with sweet potato fries amazing! This is a great place to go before the show at the Avon Theater. Disappointing it closed at 8pm. We would have gone after the show for desert or drinks.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stratford, Canada
“What a BURGER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Absolutely loved the food and the staff is just as great as the food! Fabulous selection and many interesting ideas for new ways to try an old favorite. The atmosphere was comfortable and welcoming whether you choose a booth or table by the window. Right across the street from the Avon Theater, so perfect for patrons of the arts! The onion rings are a nice change from fries, but the fries are great too! Can't say enough good things about this establishment! simply wonderful!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had The Downie street my mom had the basic burger. The bun was to die for. We both had fries on the side - they were as good as any fries we've had. The burger was topped with onion rings and the bun so large we had to cut it in half to pick it up. A good chose and reasonably priced

• Visited July 2013