“Stewart House Inn--A Total Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario
You added Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario to your Saves list
62 John St. N., Stratford, Ontario N5A 6K7, Canada   |
Ranked #11 of 92 Stratford B&B and Inns
Central Ohio [Columbus area]
“Stewart House Inn--A Total Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

I just finished my third stay of a week at the Stewart House Inn in Stratford, Ontario. It is a perfect B&B--informal, yet elegant. The owner and his staff go to great lengths to make sure you enjoy both the Inn itself and the town and theater. The accommodations are excellent in every way. The leisurely breakfasts get the day off to a perfect start. The location is a plus: close enough to walk to the theaters and many of the fine restaurants in town, yet in a very quiet residential neighborhood on spacious and beautiful grounds. I have tried to think what the owner and staff could do to make the experience even better. I simply can think of nothing; they think of it first and act on it.

• Liked — the total experience
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

I visited Stewart House last year when it first opened and was absolutely thrilled with the gem I had uncovered in Stratford! I made a special trip to Stratford this year JUST to have the pleasure of staying there again and I was, of course, not disappointed. Staying at Stewart House is just a delightful experience from beginning to end -- from Marc (the owner)'s family-like welcome to the beautifully designed rooms to Mary's superb cooking (we are vegans and she went to such trouble to accomodate us!) to the sophisticated, but relaxed atmosphere. All the rooms are equally lovely and decorated in a distinct style. The saltwater pool is a delight. Their DVD and CD collection a fab bonus.

Stewart House is definitely one of the BEST B&B's around...period.

• Liked — service and decor
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Evanston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

I booked a room signt unseen at a Stratford motel. When we arrived it realized I had made a terrible mistake. What next? My AAA book listed the Stewart House Inn; they had a room. I hoped this new place would salvage my dwindling reputation as a trip planner--and it did! Beautiful room, wonderfully restored nineteenth century mansion with a swimming pool and broad lawn. A twenty minute walk to downtown. And Marc Armstrong at the door with a helping hand and a cold glass of white wine! We were saved! Yummy hi-cal breakfast, interesting fellow guests, and the perfect mix of attentiveness and respect for our privacy. No more blind bookings! On our next trip to Stratford we are heading straight for the Stewart House!

Stayed June 2006
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

We spent three wonderful days at the Stewart House Inn in Stratford, Ontario. This Bed & Breakfast is magnificent...the breakfasts were truly marvelous and the service personal, congenial and truly focused on the customer. The proprietor, Marc Armstrong, utilizes his vast experience in the hotel industry and brings personal service to a new level. The facility is lovely in its own right; add to that the cushion topped mattress beds and the refreshing inground swimming pool and you have a great place to stay. My only concern is people will read this glowing report and the next time we want to go they will be booked up and there won't be a room for us.

Overall I would say this is probably the best B & B we have ever stayed in on vacation.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2006

My wife and I just returned from Stratford and we're glad we stayed at Stewart House Inn. Marc is a friendly host who anticipated our every need. The "themed" guest rooms add character to the tastefully decorated interior. The gourmet breakfasts are scrumptious - there's even "silver tea service" in the morning to get you started. Evening turndown service included a thoughtful personal note and some decadent treats. We also enjoyed lounging by the saltwater pool. If you are going to Stratford, we highly recommend this charming inn.

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Stewart House Inn, Stratford, Ontario? Share your experiences!