“Don't Try It” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fryin' Guys

Fryin' Guys
155 Lake St # A, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada (York - Haig)
(905) 682-8787
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 348 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Neighborhood: York - Haig
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Don't Try It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had 2 piece Haddock and chips to go, chips were dry and tasteless as was the fish, the 2 orders cost $29.04 and sat like a rock in our stomachs. Way too expensive and a complete waste of time, we felt quite ripped off.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Ontario
“Great Halibut!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stumbled onto Frying Guys when I was vacationing in St. Catherines. What a treat. Free parking in the back. My sister and I love our Fish and Chips! We are pretty fussy about how the batter is and taste! We were lucky enough to meet the 2 brothers that were working for Mother that owns the place. Great service and conversation. We were the only two there except a few take outs so we ate in the decor is authentice and fun! We got free samples of crab dumplings very tasty!
The Halibut expensive but was a very good batter light and crispy. Fries were not the greatest a little bit overdone, but overall food and service was good!
I would go back for seconds anytime in St.Catherines. Good luck to the brothers! Frying Guys!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Disgusting - undercooked - Bad mannered greasefest! Two thumbs DOWN!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am currently still feeling nauseous after their haddock and fries . It was just greasy and the onion rings were really greasy - and it's pretty pricey too! I know it's deep fried - but doesn't mean it needs to be greasy with a bad taste! The staff were rude and the Manager at this place was so unprofessional. AVOID if you need a stomach ache the entire evening!!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Rude Service! Horrible stale greasy food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Good Friday @ this dump! Service was unorganized with phone order customers having preference despite paying customers waiting longer for their orders. The front counter cashier messed up my order and overcharged me. The girl who prepared my order asked if I wanted condiments. I said "sure" which typically means YES! She didn't include the condiments.

Overall a horrible experience and was told the Manager of this place would be calling me to explain the poor customer service experience. I'm still waiting for that call!

Good grief!

So many better Fish & Chips options out there!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Too Greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Not sure why, but their fish can often be greasy. Portions are good. I think the key is to go in on a fish and chip day, (Friday) early when fat is hot and there are not too many fish cooking.

Visited July 2012