“Average value” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Average value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

A friend and I went for dinner here for the first time.

The front of the business is in a strip mall and it looks like a run down roadhouse. Walking inside was a take-away counter and then we walked through the doors to dining room. IT was nice, however, some of the furnishings were old while the booths looked new. The decorating....OK, WHAT decorating? It could have been far nicer if they put some effort into it. Do something to make me feel like I've just walked into an Italian cafe, maybe? And Italian music would certainly add to the atmosphere.

The food was quite good. My friend had the salmon steak and I had grilled eggplant. Both included bread a soup or salad. The bread were small squares of some sort of white bread with a rather bland taste and slightly stale. The salads were quite good and were dressed with a red wine vinagrette, quite good however they seemed to have forgotten about the red wine. The salads were also quite small. My friend's salmon was well done and included slightly overcooked vegetables and pasta. My grilled eggplant included pasta. Both were quite good but not outstanding. The portions were generous.

Pricing was quite high for the overall quality. Entrees range from $15 - $30. The Salmon steak was $17.95, eggplant - $15.95.

The service was quite good but not outstanding.

Overall, a nice place offering average value that could do better with a little more effort. I would visit again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Welland, Canada
“Nachoes”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I realize their specialty is Italian food and even that is questionable. However, if you can not make an order such as nachoes to be some what eatable maybe you should take it off the menu or hire a new cook. The toppings should not be larger than the chips and the cheese should be nicely melted. It was like eating chips and veggie sticks with melted cheese around it.
Maybe apply to (Cheff Ramsey show) and he could teach your restaurant about good quality and presentation.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Catharines, Canada
“Italian food at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place has always been one of my favourite restaurants. Being Italian I find places like Olive Garden a disgrace to our culture. It's nice to go somewhere and get a home cooked Italian meal like my mom would make. It's probably because there's an Italian mom in the kitchen. Our waitress was friendly as always and the owners are always friendly and accommodating to their patrons. My son is a huge pizza fan and always picks their pizza because he says it's the best around. There's a reason this restaurant has been in business for so many years. It's always a place we think to go with the family.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome - worth the stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent Italian food. The Gnocci is out of this world as is the Caprese salad. Quick service, good price point. Only problem is the diet coke always tastes like too much soda. Needs more syrup in the mix.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Welland, Canada
“best real Italian food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had a few of my freind out for dinner @ Big Marcos and we all loved it, we every thing from home made gnocchi to great pizza! the food was what I call real Italian! the tomato sauce is the best we have had in a long time. keep up the great job

• Visited July 2013