“Wellington Court - St Catharines, Ontario” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering

Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering
11 Wellington St, St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 5P5, Canada (Downtown)
905-682-5518
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Well established as one of the top spots to dine in Niagara. The quality, fresh ingredients that go into creating a cuisine inspired by the beauty and bounty of the Niagara Region. Wellington Court offers a relaxing atmosphere catering to diners looking for the best quality and best value. Guests will be interested to know that the restaurant was the childhood home of Chef/Owner Erik's mother. It is all grown up now with an interior that balances contemporary with comfort, in a current and pleasing colour scheme. Erik is often behind the stoves and always behind the menu, it's flavours and the concept. His wife Dale is a warm presence in the dining room. Keeping a solid connection with the local farmers Erik incorporates what is locally available into his creations. The wine list pays tribute to what Erik and Dale feel is also special about Niagara ... it's booming wine industry. Wellington Court Catering offers services from intimate dinners to corporate parties and weddings for hundred+. Closely associated with some of the premier event locations in the area Erik's reputation, background and team never compromise on the details.You won't be disappointed at Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering!
Poway, California
“Wellington Court - St Catharines, Ontario”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

When I was visiting St Catharines last October (2013) I found Wellington Court completely by accident. I was doing genealogy research and decided to drive around St Catharines to take photos of the homes where my husband's ancestors had lived. This house was where the Franklin family lived in the early 1950's! I had no reservations and was alone, but decided to have dinner here so I could see the inside of the house. I was welcomed warmly and had one of the best dining experiences of my life in this lovely restaurant.

I ordered the Endive Salad with poached apple, crumbled bleu cheese and toasted almonds -- it was wonderful with the sweet vermouth vinaigrette. For my main course I couldn't resist the Venison Rack, served with bacon, creamed savoy cabbage, herbed fingerling potatoes, confit tomatoes with a red wine sauce. Dessert was a lovely and unusual Blue Cheese cheesecake with bacon on top!

I'll be back in St Catharines again in the near future and will be sure to dine at Wellington Court again - fantastic and creative food, and wonderful quiet atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DaleCPeacock, Owner at Wellington Court Restaurant + Catering, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your review! And all the history you provided. It was such a treat and very interesting for my family. We look forward to seeing you again!

Dale Camroux-Peacock

St Catharines
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Eric Peacock always comes up with great new ideas to keep the menu interesting and fresh. Both of our meals were excellent and the whole experience was top notch.

• Visited April 2014
St. Catharines, Canada
“Wonderful cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The food and staff are superb. It is our favourite restaurant in St. Catharines, Ontario. We try to go often.

Visited August 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My Italian/chef husband and I lived for months at a time in France and Italy and have eaten at some exceptionally fine eateries in many European cities. We have been searching for a 'special' restaurant in St. Catharines since we moved to the Niagara Region from Toronto... After 5 yrs., we have found it! Wellington Court won't get rid of us! We are hooked after one meal. - Duck with figs, polenta and greens, surloinstrip steak with pommes frites & spinach salad. Beautifully presented. Reasonable prices and excellent local wines. The service was gracious and classy! On weekends, be sure to have a reservation. We will be there often.

• Visited March 2014
Grimsby, Canada
“Asked if it was ok to "lick the plate"....need I say more!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We are "foodies" and always looking for somewhere new to try. Normally, we usually end up heading towards TO, but I wanted to see if there was something new or something we had missed in the Niagara area. A simple "St Catherines restaurant" search lead us to the Wellington Court.
We were so impressed right from the time we walked in.....fantastic atmosphere, great menu with a couple of not so common items....grilled octopus (don't confuse with calamari, which they have as well) venison and rabbit. Food was absolutely amazing as was the presentation.
Since we had apps and an entree....there was no room for dessert. From what I could see, it looked amazing as well. My only dissappointment was the selection of white wines by the glass. There are only 3 and they are all on the dry side....suggest "swapping" one out and adding a reisling/pinot grigio.
Cannot wait to go back and try lunch....and maybe dessert this time!!

• Visited February 2014