“"Home away from home"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines

You added Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines to your Saves list
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   420 Ontario Street | Queen Elizabeth Hwy Exit 47, St. Catharines, Ontario L2R 5M1, Canada (Formerly Travelodge St. Catharines)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
St. Catharines
“"Home away from home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had a major flood in my condo and needed to find a place to stay for a long period of time.

A friend recommend this Inn and said it was very clean and in a great location. Also great access to the highway. Which made it very convienent to get to work.

The staff here are amazing and truly made my stay here a pleasure. Right from the point of check-in Natosha made me feel welcomed and gave a me a great rate on the room.

The rooms are very nice and clean. I was surprised to hear they are renovating all the rooms here. I will have to come back just to see the already nicely done rooms renovated.

The staff here really made it feel like I was at home there. They wery accomidating with any requests that I had. Including putting a microwave in my room, finding my favourite pillow(that I came to love while staying there) that the made removted while cleaning my room. They also had no problem starting the free continental breakfast earlier at times for the early risers.

I highly recommend people choosing this Imm while they are away. You won't regret it!

I know I will recommend this Inn to any people I know needing a place to stay. If you want clean, friendly staff and a great rate this is your place! :)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Over priced for what you get. This hotel is adequate and if they charged the 59.59 stated on the sign it would alright. However, I was charged more than double that. Really not worth that price. You can hear the people in the next room and the plumbing is noisy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello Ann,

I have tried looking your name up by first and/or last in my system but was unable to find any reservation under the name provided on trip advisor. However I still thank you for your comment on trip advisor and would like to say a few things. Our sign does say that rooms do start from 59.95 plus tax a night and there are many guests that do stay at this price. It is a longer stay rate where guests are staying around a week or longer. We have many workman that come from out of town and do not have the energy to drive back and end up staying a week at a time. Many guests have stated that we are the most reasonably priced accommodation facility in the city. We have many guests that come stay with us many times a month because of our rates. When you say you have been charged almost double that it would be to my understanding that you stayed on a Friday or Saturday night during either a holiday or a very busy night. We at Canadas Best Value Inn believe in customer satisfaction and do go out of our way to meet every guests needs. We are under a major renovation which may explain the plumbing as we are trying to get the job done as soon as possible to give a greater satisfaction to our guests as soon as possible. Thank you.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

To start with I booked on travelocity based on reading some of the reviews online. I can honestly say some are very accurate and others are people who just need to complain because they are unhappy with life. Yes the building does look a bit older.. brick exterior but has been painted and is starting to look sharp. Yes there are renovations going on as well inside the rooms... Amazing staff from the moment me and my friends got there the staff kept us laughing till we checked out. More than helpful and more than accomodating.

Room- We were 3 friends from toronto there for a wedding and booked a 2 double bed room (labour day weekend) at 129.95 which is a steal considering most places were 200 plus and looked like dumps. Room was very clean... with enough towels for 4 ... the inn was sold out but quiet when we got back from the wedding reception. Staff was kind and even arranged the cabs for us. We did have breakfast in the morning and there was cereal coffee toast and juices.

Pool - had a blast its about 9 ft (deep end) and was crystal clear water

Truthfully if your standards are the Trump tower then stay at the Trump and pay the price but dont bash someones establishment for what you get at the price you get it for. Keep up the good work and I hope to see even more renovations the next time I come.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Glad you've enjoyed your time at the wedding you attended along with the time you spent with us at Canadas Best Value Inn. Yes we are still continuing our renovations and we do hope to surprise you again on your next visit. Hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to serve you again soon.
Barrie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent Saturday, August 31st at this hotel in a comfortable, clean King Room on the upper level overlooking the pool which looked very clean and well kept, although we didn't have time to use it. This is good value and everyone was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Glad you've enjoyed your weekend with us at Canadas Best Value Inn. We take pride in our cleanliness at our property to bring the greatest level of satisfaction for our guests. Many guests have commented on our outdoor pool stating it is one of the cleanest pools they have ever seen and return to visit us many times because of it. We hope you had a safe trip home and we hope to see you again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nites at this hotel as we found it to be the best price and location. We were there to see the Redpath Tall Ships in Port Dalhousie. Also went to some wineries and the Welland Canal Museum. This hotel was clean and close to the QEW. We went next door to the Restaurant and mentioned we were staying next door got a discount and the meal was terrific! We had breakfast and coffee and both we fine provided at the hotel. Small pool not terribly clean but only sat beside it. For the price we felt it was good value and the front desk person was very helpful and nice.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms seemed to be updated and we stayed in one on the second floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. Wow we are so glad you spent your time wisely and got to see so much on your short trip to St Catharines. We are truly located in a very ideal location (off of the QEW and Ontario Street) Port Dalhousie, the Welland Canals and many wineries are located within a 5-10 min vicinity. We believe in good value, meaning clean comfortable and affordable rates for all of our guests. I’m happy to hear you took advantage of our morning breakfast and enjoyed your dinner at the restaurant. We believe in great service and great value and work with businesses that provide similar values. We at Canadas Best Value Inn are very pleased to hear that you had a great time with us and hope to see you soon.
Kincardine, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The front desk lady was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The downside is that the property needs a lot of updating. It was the best price I could find in the area and overall it was an adequate accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
MannyGrewal1, Manager at Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you Larry for your Trip Advisor review. Our staff at Canadas Best Value Inn is very friendly, accommodating and helpful. We do not treat our guests as guests but try and build a long term relationship and friendship with them. I am very pleased to hear that they were able to give you the service you experienced. I am also pleased to hear that you were happy with the room rate you were charged. I will agree with you that the property has become a bit dated but I am also pleased to say that we are in the process of a huge ongoing renovation. The renovations had began but due to a very busy summer were put on hold but have began again this October. I hope we will see you again and the next time you come to stay with us we will greet you with the same service and a newly upgraded room.

Thank you.
Ontario,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a family! It is easy to get to off of the QEW and close to restaurants. The motel itself needs updating. The room was clean but dated. It was interesting to see a beer bottle opener attached to the bathroom vanity as that goes back to the 70's before we had twist off caps on our beer! My teen son had never seen anything like it and thought it was quite fascinating! The AC worked great. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating! We came in late at night and there were several webs and bugs hanging in front of our door when we came back. The breakfast room was busy in the morning but we went to the nearby Tim's and McDonalds for people in our party. A great find was a beautiful beach, village and picnic area on Lake Ontario only a five minute drive from this Inn in Port Dalhousie! Wi-fi worked good! Good if you want a basic no-frills motel for fairly cheap! We paid $112. a night. The $59.95 per night advertised on the sign is for staying more than four nights during the week!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines? Share your experiences!