“Gave someone else our key” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn St Catharines Niagara

You added Days Inn St Catharines Niagara to your Saves list
Days Inn St Catharines Niagara
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 Meadowvale Drive | Lake St and QEW, St. Catharines, Ontario L2N 3Z8, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Toronto, Canada
“Gave someone else our key”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We returned from a wedding reception about 10:30 p.m. and found a man leaving our room and our room keys did not work. Front desk said it was a "glitch" - we are fortunate the person mistakenly given the key to our room was an honest guy and didn't rob us. I mentioned it when we checked out and didn't receive so much as an "I'm sorry". Will never stay at a Days Inn again. Also, when I made the reservation in March, the person who answered the phone was brand new and didn't have basic information; had to call back the next day. Room was noisy; could hear the walkie talkie chatter during the day from the car lot adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you are touring the Niagara Region whether it be the numerous well known local vineyards or the world renown Niagara Falls, this hotel is situated in a great location (right off the QEW), within a short driving distance of all the tourist attractions. We arrived earlier then we expected with the hope that we could check in because we had to change for a wedding reception. The front desk staff were very friendly and professional and were able to accommodate us immediately. Our room was pleasantly appointed, clean and comfortable with a pleasant view. There was a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and two queen beds with firm mattresses, just the way we like them! I would definitely stay at this location again and/or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn St Catharines Niagara, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Joanne, thank you for sharing your stay with us and all the complimentary comments. It was our pleasure having you stay with us! We look forward to your return!

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had come here to visit Niagara Falls and stayed in this hotel for two days. Though it was located a bit far away from the falls, this is a decent small hotel and suits well for families unless one wish to stay near the falls. The hotel has many good restaurants for breakfast and dinner located just adjacent to it. We were charged 119 dollars per day plus taxes with free wi fi. Rooms were not very big but comfortable. Overall we had value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn St Catharines Niagara, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Days Inn Hotel property - we appreciate all your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future!

Most Sincerely,

Ann Marie Nitsopoulos
Whitmore Lake, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The location is great, right off of the QEW and there are tons of shops nearby. The rooms seem to have been renovated within the last five years, but alas, they still have CRT TVs. There is free wifi but no free breakfast. A Perkins restaurant is attached to the hotel. I preferred going to the Tim Horton's that is a short walk away. Many fast food and sit-down restaurants within walking distance. Lots of parking available and very motor coach friendly. Excellent location for Port Dalhousie and Henley Island. The pool seems very adequate.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
inncredibly-niagara, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn St Catharines Niagara, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us during your visit to the Niagara Area. We were delighted to have you stay with us and yes as you have mentioned we are surrounded with plenty of restaurants and things to do. Only a short drive or cycle to Port Dalhousie Beach & Marina area as you mentioned, and with highway access out our door steps we are close to everything.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact our client services in-house reservations at reservations@heartofniagarahotels.com or 905-704-5656 and we can manage your travel needs personally.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our spring hockey team stayed here for a big tournament and we really enjoyed the comforts. The pool was smaller than most, but worked out great for the kids. Housekeeping was so helpful and went out of their way for us. My son thought he lost his ipod touch and when I called from the rink to the hotel to ask if they had seen it, the housekeeping staff went to our room and called us back to confirm it was still where he left it, in the room.
The parents enjoyed some freedom of visiting on our hall floor (the whole team had the floor) and the staff was most accomodating to this. One of the better hotels to be at for a hockey tournament. There was an added fee to our bill that I was unsure of DFF of 6.50/night. I am in the midst of discussing this with the reservations agent to better understand what this was for as we were not informed of this 13.00 added fee.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a microwave and fridge. Very handy when travelling with little ones and allows y...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments during your most recent visit to Niagara for the Hockey Tournament. We appreciate you taking the time and sharing your experience with us. Hope you had a successful hockey season and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I requested an early check-in. Since it was Easter weekend, it was understandable that the staff wasn't able to guarantee that there'd be a clean room but Debbie said she'd do her best. When I arrived at 11:30 a.m., a room was available. I was extremely grateful, as I'd travelled for four hours and needed to change and freshen up before a special event in the city that started at 1 p.m.
Debbie is a wonderful asset to Days Inn St. Catharines.
I was in room 527. It was comfortably sized with a king size bed, microwave and mini fridge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thornhill, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband is from St Catharines and we had a funeral to attend. I had seen the Days Inn sign from the highway and I thought...good location, looks decent book it. So, I went online to the hotel site, Wyndham, and I looked for a room for four...my self, my daughters and my husband. I was surprised to see a bed and breakfast rate, Canadian Hotels are far behind American ones for offering a light breakfast. I was quite chagrined to discover that the "breakfast" means a $10.00 coupon for Perkins. this is not breakfast ...maybe a few cups of coffee, if we are lucky. Never again Days Inn and Wyndham ! This is not bed and Breakfast ! I don't know what this is. When I asked, the front desk told me the rate had been cancelled and they were surprised I got it. So, their mistake is my fault?

Earlier this week, i stayed at the Sleep Inn in Buffalo...half the rate, better room and a hot breakfast for all.

We almost booked the Best Western, selected Days Inn for breakfast...never again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn St Catharines Niagara? Share your experiences!