You added BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 North Service Rd., St. Catharines, Ontario L2N 4G9, Canada (Formerly Heart of Niagara Hotel & Conference Centre)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Chattanooga
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. Everyone greeted us when we entered each part of the hotel, Amenities are lovely and the continental breakfast was very good. Location was also an important factor in choosing this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer including our new hot continental breakfast. Hope to see you soon again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were going to stay at a different hotel in the area but decided at the last minute to stay at the Best Western based on the location and also the promotion which was running at the time which allowed us to earn 1,000 bonus points. The staff on the phone and at check-in were very helpful and upgraded us to a higher-quality room when we arrived - overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon again.
Elora, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Although I found the price for this hotel a little high, we were comfortable and had no complaints. This is a well maintained hotel and seemed pretty clean. The staff that we dealt with were very polite and accommodating. A pretty safe choice if you are staying in St. Catherines. I did not use the pool but my friend did and reported that it was very nice and clean.

(As for the pricing; approximately $150/night with taxes...I felt that was a little high but did seem to be average for the area.)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon again!
Kingston, ON Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived yesterday around 5:30pm for a one night stay. We were in the area to attend the Brock University fall open house today, and decided to come the day before since it's a four hour drive from home. Check in was fine, however the gentleman did mention that they were almost full, what with the university open house and "some hockey teams," that we're staying there. When I showed some concern about the noise level, he invited me to call the desk if I had any difficulties. We were put in a King room on the second floor. The hallways in the hotel are cordoned off with heavy doors and we must have been put in the party hall! We opened the door to our section and there was a group of about six children and two adults, doing crafts, eating cake and making lots of noise IN THE HALL! The adults had pulled chairs into the hall and the kids were sprawled in various positions on the floor. We had to lift our suitcase over whatever debris they were playing with that they had littered across the floor. The rest of this group, were gathered in a couple of other rooms in our hall, with the doors propped open, of course, and the noise level through the roof. I decided to give it a chance to calm down , without calling the desk since it was early in the evening. We entered our room, which at first glance, appeared to be adequate for the CAA rate I was paying. The noise continued in the hall, the kids were now sprinting the full length, slamming doors, screaming, whoo-hooing (that might have been the parents) and were generally just causing mayhem. Still trying to avoid "complaining," I set about unpacking a few things and went to use the washroom. Imagine my surprise when I found what I thought was a condom floating in the toilet. Time to call the desk! The same gentleman who checked us in was empathetic and said he would send someone right up and since I was already on the phone, I mentioned the party in the hall and he assured me that would be dealt with as well. It wasn't long before a pleasant woman named Becky was at my door. She too encountered the hall chaos and immediately spoke to the group. They picked up their craft supplies and the two adults moved the chairs inside a room and joined the other revellers. Upon inspection of the toilet, she deemed the item to be not a condom, but the safety seal off a bottle of something, and she promptly flushed it. Now...I was skeptical that our toilet had been cleaned at all - why hadn't the housekeeper seen that? Becky was very apologetic and presented me with a voucher to use in the restaurant for $20. I had asked her for more shampoo, which she said she would return with promptly. In the two minutes it took her to return, I was discovered some debris on the floor (the plastic part of a tag from new clothing, I believe) that had been also missed by the housekeeper. I was beginning to wonder if the room had been cleaned at all! Becky offered to move us to another room, but I didn't want the inconvenience and I didn't want to be one of "those people," and I felt I could persevere with the party going on all around us. Exit Becky and the noise level in the hall reaches an all time high to the point where we can't here our TV without cranking it through the ceiling. This time, I decide to handle the situation myself and go into the hall to remind the kids that they are in a hotel and not at a playground. I asked them to keep the noise level down. I spoke to one adult that denied having anything to do with the kids, but I saw him afterwards, going into one of the party rooms. It was obvious that these kids had learned at the feet of the master. Absolutely no respect for anyone or anything and I do understand that the fault here doesn't lie with the hotel. Again I returned to the room, determined to not have to repack and steeling myself for an inevitable trip to the party room full of "adults" and I use the term loosely! We ordered room service from the pub downstairs, and in very short order, Becky had returned to our room with the food. As luck would have it, the ruckus in the hall continued at full scale and she was able to experience it yet again. I mentioned to her that I had spoken to them myself, to no avail. She assured me that they were on it and to not hesitate to call if I had any more problems. Let me stop here and say, Becky is a real asset to this hotel. She was pleasant and empathetic while maintaining professionalism in the lousy situation she had been put in. I would hire Becky for my business any day of the week! Back in our room, my daughter and I peeled back the bedding to settle in for some TV after dinner and to my disgust, I was met with two long black hairs, attached to the sheets in my bed. Neither of us has this colour hair, and it was time to call for Becky once again. She promptly returned to the room after navigating the hall festivities once again, and this time she came prepared to move us. I told her I would move right on out of this place in a heartbeat if I felt I could get another hotel room, but I knew both of the "better" accommodations in the city were fully booked. She assured me that moving us over to the "executive" hallway would be the answer. We packed up our things and trudged over to the room that Becky assured us we would have no issues with the kids or the noise, and that the room would be great. She came right in to check things out and assist us with our move. Imagine how she felt (and I was thoroughly disgusted!) when we were greeted by another long black hair, this time on the white duvet cover. She grabbed that one up before I could get a picture, and then proceeded to check the washroom, which appeared to be clean. After she left, I finished unpacking and as I went to settle in to the bed once again, I discovered what appeared to be a bathing suit crotch liner stuck to the bottom of my foot. YUCK!!!! I didn't have the heart to call Becky back, but I did get some photographic proof. By this point, I was so exhausted, I just resigned myself to being here for the night as I knew my options were limited. The ONLY good thing to come of the move, was that it was a quiet hall, and we were able to get some sleep. If my daughter ends up going to Brock! we will definitely NOT be returning to this Best Western when we come to visit her.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask to be in an "executive" room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear madam,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property on Tripadvisor. On behalf of myself and all of the staff I sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest leaves our property with the ability to say that we met or exceeded their expectations and we clearly failed to achieve that during your visit. Becky is a great asset to our company and has been recognized with management. If you could please contact me directly at 905-934-8000 or via email at adrian.nitso@honhotels.com to discuss your issues in detail I would more than appreciate that so we can resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Regards,
Bel Air
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The place is a little tired... The location is central but right between the Freeway and Costco. OK to sleep for the night but I would not like to spend more time than that at this place. The good part is the nice staff and the good WiFi. The putting course and pools probably make this a nice overnight for a family.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room and got one a bit away from the Freeway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. On behalf of management and staff, we apologize for not meeting and exceeding your expectations. Our ownership continually provides capital investments into our property on an annual basis. We hope you consider staying with us again to see some of the changes as we continually improve our facility.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel was welcoming and well maintained. The room was comfortable and clean. Some of the other reviewers thought the decor was dated, but it was just not ultra modern which was much more comfortable for us. Has an indoor pool and a whirlpool which is an added bonus.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if you would like a balcony or to open on to the inside courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

During a nearly 2 week stay, we found the staff, at all levels, to be very efficient which made our stay a most pleasant experience. We would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to prospective clients. Rooms/Bathrooms are of generous size, being both comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: South side would possibly be quieter, be although we occupied front rooms on both upper and lower le...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Adrian N, General Manager at BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you Sid & Pat for your sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. It was a pleasure serving you through the two weeks of your stay. We hope you visit us again. All the best!

Been to BEST WESTERN St. Catharines Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!