We picked Capri Inn for our recent visit to Niagara Falls, coming home from other points in Canada. The reviews on TA were very good, and we senior citizens found that August room rates at Niagara Falls were just too high on the weekend.
This property shows you what an independent motel can do when the operator really cares - don't pass them up for the biggie chain places, because they do everything right!
Mary and Teddy are super helpful and friendly; the latter should get a commendation from the Canadian Tourist Bureau, as he is an enthusiastic booster for Canada as a travel destination. The property location, at exit 47 off the QEW, is impossible to miss. You might think it could have highway noise issues, but this place is incredibly soundproof. It is spotless, and is in excellent repair.
This motel may be an older property - who knows? - but is so well maintained, that you can't guess when it was built.
My husband especially liked the cubbies for stashing stuff near the room door, and the drain mat for your cooler.
The only improvement that Capri Inn could make is to have brewed coffee with the continental breakfast foods. If one can't deal with making coffee with the supplies in the motel room, McDonald's and Tim Horton's are in walking distance.
We will be back next year, my husband and I are total fans of the Capri Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Niagara home away from home. Capri Inn, Hotel located in St Catharines, Ontario. Capri Inn will make every effort to make your stay with us pleasant, enjoyable and comfortable. All room 100% non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Capri Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capri Hotel St. Catharines
- Capri Inn St. Catharines, Ontario