“Excellent food and service but pricey” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Excellent food and service but pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have eaten there quite a few times and have never been disappointed with the service or the food. When the restaurant is full, it can get noisy as the tables are fairly close together. It ios not a cheap night out as the evening will cost well over $100 with drinks, but well worth it.

Visited December 2012

Waterloo, Canada
“not too bad at all....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

good quality ingredients, well prepared, pricing could be more honest. for a smallish town in northern ontario....a nice find....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tom C, Owner at Arturo's, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi there and thank you for coming into my restaurant and enjoying what I have to offer. I apologize that your experience was only a 4 star one, my goal day in and day out is to make it as perfect as possible.

Unfortunately I cannot be apologetic for being born and raised in northern Ontario. Unfortunately I was unable to choose my birthplace, if only I could have been born in Toronto then charging market value for my time and product would be ok. On the contrary, maybe individuals should pay a premium for enjoying my product all the way up in a small Northern Ontario town and not New York, Toronto, Etc.

Regardless, thank you to everyone who appreciates our families work day in and day out who strive to produce to absolute best quality dining experience we are capable of.
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our dining experience at Arturo's has been spectacular. Food is always great: Our special occasion outings are made even more special with the help of Tomas and Chris' excellent choices for our meal. It's a truly fabuouls experience for us and we keep going back for more.
Please give it a try. You won't be sorry. Love Love Love you all guys.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Bloomfield, Michigan, United States
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I live near Detroit but I travel regularly to Sault Ste Marie, MI. About once every other year she makes it up for a weekend to visit and we always go to Arturo's, this was our fifth time visiting. It easily tops the best the Detroit metro has to offer. My wife is currently eating a vegan diet and the owner was incredibly accommodating, telling us that the staff often eats a vegan risotto that the chef would make for her as well. My meal and hers were outstanding as usual.

While checking out I mentioned that their Tiramisu was the best and the only one I ever ordered and I was surprised with a gift of an extra piece to go.

Arturo's is the perfect combination of incredible food, passionate ownership and great service. We will be back as often as we can!

Alex

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Delicious, worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our dinner experience was outstanding. The owner served us and he was more than accomodating, making many meal suggestions. He was was quite charming and offered to have the cook prepare food for us, rather than order individually off the menu that he felt we would enjoy. For a reasonable cost per person we were served many appetizers, salads and a main course. It was all more than enough food and it was obvious that the chef is very talented. Some reviews have commented that it is too expensive however the quality of food and service from Tom was phenomenal. If you want cheaper food and do not care about the quality then eat somewhere else. I would eat here again anytime but will save it for a special occassion. Thank you again for a great evening:)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere