“Interesting reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Weston-super-Mare, UK
“Interesting reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I use Tripadvisor a lot. However, was just passing Bruno's in the car and saw the sign for the gluten free pancakes. Made mental note and dropped in a couple of days later. Hadn't read any reviews.

My breakfast was good. Hot and fresh. And the GF pancakes were about as good as GF pancakes can get! Non GF hubby enjoyed his apple pancakes.

Went for lunch yesterday. The southwestern crepe was plentiful - and tasty. And I thought the fresh cut fries were just great.

So - was quite amazed to read some of the reviews. Perhaps teething errors or lack of staff? Don't know. But I would try it before you dismiss it.

Visited June 2013

ssm, ontario
“Aweful!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have worked in restraunts my whole life and would never dream of being as rude as I was treated!! We walked in and the first thing we see before entering second door, is a disgusting dirty carpet ,candy wrappers ,leaves yes leaves, exposed wiring. Filthy glass doors.

Ignoring that we walk in and almost every table was dirty. Thinking there must have been a rush we again ignore. So we find a table a window seat which is my favorite, the waitress comes over and says did you have to pick a dirty table
? I said most ofthem are dirty, she points to a middle table and says not that one! Well i dont like middle tableswho is the customer here,we order , my eggs were perfect i must admit, plate looked nice was disappointed though that a restaurant specializing in breakfast had deep fried bacon and home fries! Ordered a fruit plate she didnt bring it , so when i was done my breakfast i told her i didnt know if cook was still making it or not ,she didnt order it ,made no apologies and left table.
Waitresses stand at counter tables all still dirty no one cleans anything the entire time I was there, snotty waitresses,no pride in work not welcoming.
I must say the owner is friendly and made contact with several tables on way out. This business could be awesome but to my dismay the staff out front make the business and from what i see lock doors now!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Delicious food!! Loved it and always feel welcomed by Bruno! Been there a few times already and will be going back for sure!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pico Rivera, California
“Crowded place but not crowded plates”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were pleased to get a table on a busy Sunday morning, however, there may be a reason that this place wasn't as busy as other breakfast all-day joints. Table placement may be the real issue behind the overcrowded feel of this place. However, tight spaces may be the least of their problems. Pancakes were huge and looked great, but were overcooked and a little cold. Had the Molly which seemed to be the "big" breakfast. This wasn't the case though...nothing big and hearty about this breakfast. The eggs were overcooked and scrambled, but scrambled into dry crispy bits and so were the few little bits of homefries that were sprinkled on the edge of plate. Sausages were tasty, but were dry and overcooked and I could have went without the hair on the edge of the plate hidden under the toast. Needless to say we were unimpressed and I passed on the toast, however, we were hungry and just wanted to have a hearty breakfast and hit the road. Well...we hit the road...a little hungry!

Bruno might want to take his arrogant glamour shot off the back of the menu and declutter this place. Customers shouldn't be squeezed onto a table that is clearly meant to be used as 4 per side not 2 by 2....and if customers have to climb over staff backpacks and jackets on their way to the washroom, you may want to rethink the configuration of the restaurant. Again though this may be the least of their worries. Each of our breakfasts left a lot to be desired.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“YUCK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The waitress was disinterested, the food was lackluster, the hollendaise was awful, the crepes were thin and nonexistant, sausage was deep fried....YUCK
I went to Burger King immediately after. I should have sent them the bill.

• Visited April 2013