“Stellar!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Stellar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Traditional and Classically Art! Exceptional, well prepared and presented authetic italian fare within a wonderfully relaxed environment further augmented by the social graces of a fine host and chef....if only I could import this to Waterloo Ontario. You still have it Art!, and thank you. JLongarini

• Visited July 2014

Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario, Canada
“Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went there for my first visit with some girlfriends for dinner. Although it's on the pricey side, it's worth every penny. We all shared our appetizers: escargot, mussels, cheese balls and fig- wrapped prosciutto. I had the sea bass with house salad. Everything was absolutely delicious! The staff was very friendly, including the chef himself who came to ensure his customers were satisfied. If you want a relaxing and classy atmosphere, this is the place to go.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best meal and atmosphere ever in my life...I am 49”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was travelling on business to the SOO and had asked clients about a great restaurant, they told me that I must go to Antico. I did and was absolutely amazed with the staff, the sous chef Dino and owner/head chef Art.

I was by myself and sat at the bar/food prep area wright in front of the chefs. This was an amazing evening and I had the fantastic house salad along with the Salmon and lobster ravioli. Stunning, meal and full of flavor.

If you do Not want FRESH FOOD that is Simple and full of Taste and if you want a restaurant that does not care about the meal the cook....do not come here!

Antico is 150 % all about fresh food, prepared by a team of Two chefs that cook on the spot, every order wright in PLAIN sight...nothing hidden at all. the cost is a few, literally a few dollars more than a fast food restaurant but has care and passion put into the food.

Do not visit Sault Ste Marie without dining at Antico. I will be back in August again.

Will Watt, Ottawa

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“This is my favourite chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Art is the previous owner of my former favourite restaurant, Artero's. His sons are now running that restaurant and Art has opened his new place. I haven't tried Artero's with the new chefs because I preferred to move with the chef that I know and love. (I'm sure they are fine chefs being as they learned from their father). This new place has a different feel to it, cozier, smaller and more intimate but still the same perfection and attention to detail, still the same pleasant atmosphere, still the best service with friendly, attentive waitresses and waiters and still the best cooked meals in the Sault.

• Visited February 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Tuscan cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Do Not hesitate to dine here. The food is fresh northern Italian prepared with care. The bruschetta was tasty with just the right amount of zest; the antipasto plate was so tasty. Salmon was cooked to just the perfect point. Tiramisu was creamy with bits of chocolate sprinkled in. If we lived in the Saulte, this would surely become our favorite restaurant! The house red wine is (unusually) excellent: bright, not heavy, flavor that compliments the food.