“Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie

You added Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie to your Saves list
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   332 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 1X1, Canada (Formerly City Centre Travelodge Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
GreenLeadersGold level
“Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Travelling from Pembroke to Thunder Bay. Stopped for some rest because it was getting foggy and dark. Checked in and the girl at the desk was great. Good sense of humour and helpful. Gave me a room with a king size bed on the main floor. Room was clean and quiet. All I really needed was a break from the road and a good night sleep. Breakfast in the morning was great and they do cook an egg and bacon if you ask. Happy with this hotel

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Room was good. service was excellent, location was perfect was able to walk everywhere. free breakfast was the best & the choices were healthy.
coffee was also good.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were very impressed with Tish who checked us in...she was extremely friendly and helpful with places to eat, driving directions, etc. The room was a good size. Price for the room was excellent. Breakfast was excellent...being served was a nice surprise.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check in was fine, the woman working was very pleasant.

Got to the room and it seemed fine. But there's only one reason why I'll switch rooms and so we went down to do that. Different lady working was defensive, but nice. We switched rooms without any issues. However, while grabbing our stuff, we forgot the breakfast vouchers in the old room.

The next morning, I went to the front desk to see if we could get new vouchers. This 3rd lady was very rude and condescending. She told us they couldn't re-issue the vouchers. A) Yes you can, you set the rules, you can easily re-issue. B) Considering WHY we switched rooms, I thought an exception should have been made. But no, she very patronizingly tapped the card and said "See, cannot be re-issued". Fine, I got a key to the old room and found the vouchers.

Breakfast is fine, waitress was very nice and lovely.

At this point though, considering we had switched rooms and then met with rudeness, we were a little upset. But in true Canadian form, I dropped the keys off and said "Thank you!".

Met with silence. No, "Thank you for staying with us" or "I hope you enjoyed your stay". Just silence.

Considering, they're pretty lucky I'm not mentioning WHY we switched rooms.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Hotelguy427, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Andy865 and thank you for your review. We appreciate all our customers reviews and comments. It is unusual for us to receive unfavorable reviews, however we are human and at times I'm sure that we possibly do not give our absolute best 24 hours a day every day. While we do strive to achieve this, there are times we fail. Andy, I can appreciate your issues with your misplaced breakfast vouchers, I agree it could have been handled smoother. In regards to your request to switch rooms, we did that immediately as requested and our followup found no cause for alarm. I also personally spoke with the receptionist who checked you out and we reviewed the surveillance footage of your check out. While there was dialog between you and our receptionist, without me actually being there and having no audio available, I wish to believe both of you regarding the check out conversation (or lack of as you state) I would like to apologize as you obviously felt she was not cordial towards you and that is not acceptable. Andy we do appreciate your business and hopefully you would allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves to you in the future. Thank you for the opportunity to reply and have a great day!
Hawk Junction
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent,courteous and very professionel staff..The room was very clean and well furnished. Enjoyed my stay..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your 5 star review, we appreciate our guests comments and my excellent staff and I look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie

Address: 332 Bay Street, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6A 1X1, Canada (Formerly City Centre Travelodge Inn & Suites)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Sault Ste. Marie
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in Sault Ste. Marie
#4 Business Hotel in Sault Ste. Marie
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie 2.5*
Newly Renovated, Days Inn & Suites is conveniently located steps from the Essar Sports and Entertainment Complex in the heart of downtown, across from the Station Mall shopping centre and boardwalk, we are surrounded by most major attractions, local points of interest and restaurants. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Days Inn Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
City Centre Travelodge Hotel Sault Ste. Marie
Travelodge Sault Ste Marie
Travel Lodge Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie Travel Lodge
Sault Ste. Marie Travelodge
Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie Ontario

If you own or manage Days Inn & Suites Sault Ste. Marie, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.