“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites

You added Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   360 Great Northern Road, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6B 4Z7, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Wawa, Canada
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times with my children. It is always such a great stay. The pool area is incredible, the best you will find...even better then Sudbury. The rooms are always spotless, beds very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. The rates are very reasonable as well. We recently went on a trip to Sudbury and none of the hotels and pools compared to the Water Tower Inn. Highly recommend!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Tracy, your enthusiasm is palpable, and your experience is extensive. Thank you for the great compliments. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I went with my mother and 3 kids. The pools were amazing. Good temperature and not too deep. The restaurant attached to the hotel serves up good food and live music. The front desk person who greeted us upon arrival was super sweet and helpful. Tim you rock!! He checked that things were ok and gave us helpful tips for touring the city. I would go back to Sault Ste Marie just to stay at this hotel. THANKS!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tim does "rock" at Reception...he's one of our many stars. I'm so glad you were able to fully experience our northern, family-run hospitality as well as the Inn's many convenient amenities such as Club Cabana Aqua Spa and Casey's Grill.Bar. And, please, do return to the Sault just to visit us!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stay here whenever I'm in the Soo. Clean, friendly, and convenient with everything you need right at the hotel or a stone's throw away. Great pool area and good food. Starbucks starts your road trip when you leave.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I absolutely agree, Brad, a cup of the "bucks" is a great way to start back on the road...or just the morning. Have you tried our Breakfast Club Combo? It's a nutritious and delicious breakfast you can grab quickly from Casey's Cafe.Bar and take with you on the road. Includes your choice of beverage, breakfast sandwich, and cereal or fruit. We're looking forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I could say many things about my stay at the WTI, one thing I will say is Everytime I go it just gets better every time. One night I was coming out of the pool and I heard a live band playing in their classy bar right by the main entrance. Amazing. When you check in, why not have a drink, of any kind. Yes that's right they have an attached bar. Enjoy fine dining where the food is both unique and delicious, and what's the "Water" tower Inn without its 2 hot tubs, one indoor the other out in the open surrounded by beautiful flowers and magnificent layout, 2 pools, one large and the other right beside a man made cliff that has water flowing down it like a waterfall. And if that isn't amazing there's a sauna, what hotel has a sauna room. When I have kids I will defiantly bring them to the Water Tower Inn because I know like me they'll love it. Thank you.

Room Tip: Near the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Many of our long-time guests tell us how they have been coming to the Inn for years, first as children, then as adults, then with their own children, often celebrating life's milestones. We love to have that connection with our guests! Memories are the reason for why we do what we do. I'm so glad that you have been building your own memories here at the Inn, Scott, and we look forward to the day when you visit with your future children and make many new ones.
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was great. Came for a stop off with the family and kids and a small dog. We spent many hours in the pool which was great. Couldn't ask for a better pool in door and out door hot tub and a good quality sauna. The garden was great for a walk. The reason I has to rate lower was because of the size of the room we got. Very small and the tv was very small also. Mind you the bed was so comfortable. Also the restaurant was a bit pricy and it did seem quite dis organized. The dog was a 25$ fee. I could accept that. I would go back but stay out of the restaurant and I guess the small rooms are for the dog people......

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jamie H, Marketing Manager at Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
It sounds to me like you fully enjoyed much of what the Inn has to offer - a great sleep in a comfy bed, lots of playtime in the pool with the family and a relaxing walk in our landscaped courtyards (bet you didn't even feel like you were in the city). We are one of the only pet-friendly hotels in the city. Our furry friends and their owners are roomed in first floor rooms in order to make walks more convenient and to better accommodate guests with allergies. All of our rooms feature flat screen TVs which are a minimum of 26". Our smallest rooms are about 300 square feet which is generally thought of as the industry average (I know I've stayed in much smaller abroad!), but we do have different room options, including large family suites complete with living area and efficiency kitchen. We hope you'll visit again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My first stay at the Water Tower Inn was after a family trip across Canada. We pulled in to the brand new facility in the wee hours of the morning after 5 weeks of camping. It was heavenly!!!! So much so that it became our first and last night stop whenever we headed west. Those stays are something of a legend in my family and this July I had the chance to show my son why. On a cold rainy day, coming back from Thunder Bay, we ditched the tent and checked in on our last night. I wouldn't have thought it could be better than my memories but it was. From the warm welcome at the front desk to the 2 hours we spent in the water. Thanks to the wonderful staff, facility and service the legend continues!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dawn, what a heart-warming story! Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year. It is wonderful to hear that we have been keeping our promise of delivering exceptional experiences for that long. Thank you for your kind words.
Thunder Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a long day of work, the pool, hot tub was a perfect way to relax. The Pub and restaurant next door made dining very easy. With the available morning breakfast, you won't leave hungry.
Rooms are clean, Wifi access great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Your visit surely does sound perfect! I'm relaxing just reading your review. After a long day of work, you need a special place to escape to, especially when you're on the road. Good food, good exercise and a relaxing swim always help wile away workplace tensions - we're glad we could provide that all for you.

Been to Algoma's Water Tower Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!