“Definately returning... very clean and comfortable motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adams Motel

Adams Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sault Ste. Marie
Adams Motel
You added Adams Motel to your Saves list
647 Great Northern Road, Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario P6B 5A1, Canada   |
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Sault Ste. Marie
Chapleau, Canada
“Definately returning... very clean and comfortable motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We spent 2 nights at Adams Motel and our experience was wonderful.
We did read the previous review prior to booking but took the chance anyhow.
We were not disappointed in any way, shape or form.
The owner is very accomodating and he has a great personality.
Our room was exceptionally clean and fresh during our stay.
The beds were very comfortable, we slept like babies.
We had a mini-fridge, coffee maker and the softest towels ever!
There is no 'curfew'.... just use common sense/courtesy after 11pm as you would anywhere you stay.
There were many guest staying each night, and we never heard them even in the morning when they left.
Perhaps the previous guest should have considered staying at one of the chain hotels downtown, if he wasn't feeling comfortable here.
We prefer to stay at locally owned 'ma and pa' motels where we don't feel 'caged in'.
The location is great, walking distance to some great restaurants and shopping but still a short easy drive to downtown SSM.
We also received a Casino package that we used on our last night there, and had a great meal and fun.
It was a very nice evening.
We will definately be staying here on our next visit to the Soo and would highly recommend it to anyone!
Thanks to the owners for a great experience!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Niagara falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Me and my young nephew who is 19 had to be in the area for 2 weeks when I checked in I was told I had to leave my credit card and if I did not stay the 2 weeks I would be charged for the full stay anyways thought this was strange but I had to stay so be it .. Then i was told I had to be in my room and in bed At 11 pm and no one can call in and no one can go into the parking lot I also found this strange but i am a older man and I am in bed at 10 anyways that first night I guess i fell asleep and my nephew stepped. Out for a cigarette at about 10 aft 11 the next morning we got a call at 9 am Sunday morning saying that the room was going to be cleaned at this time and that we had to step out so again we plAyed by the rules and went to Tim hortons we came back room was cleaned I happen to ask if the sheets got changed i was told no and they would not be changed for my whole stay this going on night 2 now thEn he also told me i could no longer stay that they were over booked and i was to leave in the morning or they would call the police and told me about my nephew out in the parking lot after 11 pm crazy people i am in shock how they run this place I would never stay again nor recommend it to anyone this place is always empty and i can see why clean little rooms but rules that are not reasonable

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
repeteToronto, Owner at Adams Motel, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
We have been the owners of the Adams Motel in Sault Ste Marie going on our 16th year. I am writing in response to an unfavourable review from July 2010. These comments come from a very bitter and disgruntled customer which did not start with us. We are a city of approximate 80,000. We know most of the hotels and motels in the city and on a more personal basis. The person who wrote this unfavourable review, was extremely upset that he could not acquire a motel or hotel room in the city for a price "he was willing to pay". The reason for this was there were many things going on in the city at that time, including a huge Finnish festival and it was peak season as well so the rates were at a premium. We have seen this before, when someone hadn’t counted on it being so busy and are left without accommodations or the costs are too high, customers get frustrated. This person didn’t have one nice thing to say about the whole entire city and the people here. He ran a parking lot maintenance company, and was not getting the business contacts he had counted on, so he was upset at that as well. His review of us contradicts itself, he mentioned we were always empty ?? then why didn’t we have any rooms available ..?? This persons description of us and his experience was 99 % fabricated, the 1 % about asking him to leave was true. The man became very rude to our staff when he found out we had no rooms available for the remainder of his stay. He even said, if he refused to leave, what would we do about it, I simple explained to him we would have to call the police. We are aware of who this person is, It wasn’t that difficult. He was the only one we could recall over the past 15+ yrs that acted the way he did. In closing we are a very nice, comfortable, extra clean property, and furthermore if you were to ask the larger chain hotels in Sault Ste Marie, they would say, exactly what they have been doing for us, the last 16 yrs, they would have no qualms about referring guest to us when the need arises. We invite anyone travelling in The Sault Ste Marie area to stop in and see for yourself. It will be our pleasure to help you.
Thanks for your time ..!

Been to Adams Motel? Share your experiences!