“Room for Improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Windsor
8 attraction reviews
“Room for Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Visited the theatre to see the Michael Jackson Experience. Capacity crowd. Good seating, good visibility even with tall people sitting in front. The sound system and mixing definitely inferior. Very difficult to understand what speaker/singers were saying/singing. Too loud and speakers sounded cracked. Score 2 out of 10 for that. Was disappointed in the Michael Jackson performance, especially the "Thriller" song....not very professional. He did invite dancers on stage at times, however, the last few songs, young kids (ages 3-7) came up on stage wings and stood and danced and talked. Where were the parents? Where was the staff to have them not there...one insurance claim and they might wake up! The 4 backup dancers were excellent!!!

Visited June 2014

Meaford, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Great Theatre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to see the Sound of Music on the Mothers Day weekend with our family. Great show, loved every single minute of the show. Could have sat there for at least another hour. We were fortunate to have front row seats. We found the chairs spacious and we were comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful if you need anything. I know the Imperial Theatre is a bit worn but I love this little theatre and I have enjoyed all the plays that I have attended. Truly if you are wanting an extravagant experience then you will need to double or triple what you just paid for tickets and drive 2 or 3 hours to Toronto. Sarnia is very fortunate to have this little theatre. I randomly monitor to their website and buy tickets when I see something I am interested in. When I visit my family it gives us something to go and see as a family.

Visited May 2014
Petrolia, Canada
29 attraction reviews
“The music lesson”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great show, wonderful acting. Beautifully paced and tight. never a moment wondering if the show was nearly over.
The venu has improved a lot over the years. I first went there as a child to watch movies, many years ago now, it became the Imperial Theatre and a place for live music and theatre. Great place to go. Checkout it their website to see of there are any productions being presented when you are planning to being n the area.

Visited March 2014
Grand Junction, Colorado
33 attraction reviews
“Great Theatre, Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We saw Colm Wikinson here (fantastic). We picked up our tickets that morning. Ron and his staff were very gracious to us. They were excited we'd come all the way from Colorado to see the show. They took time to show us around and give us some history of the theatre. Also to share their vision of the future.
We saw Ron again just before the performance, at intermission, and after the show. He was genuinely interested in what we thought.
I only wish our local theatre was as well run, intimate, and professional as the Imperial.
If you're in Sarnia, we suggest you take in a show at the Imperial.

Visited November 2013
Sarnia, Canada
63 attraction reviews
“A little tired, but can still put on a good show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

It can't be easy making ends meet at a place like the Imperial in a small town like Sarnia, and it clearly is a little care-worn, but they do work hard to keep putting on an interesting range of events & shows around the year.

The layout of the foyer / bar etc areas is a little quirky, but that and the very friendly volunteers is perhaps part of its overall charm.

Visited September 2013