“Slow service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Shelly's tap and grill

Shelly's tap and grill
1400 Venetian blvd | Best western guild wood inn, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 179 Restaurants in Sarnia
Cuisines: Canadian
Barrie, Canada
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Nice little restaurant. We went there for dinner and the service was slow.... Very slow. I ordered the tortilla soup and it was tasty . My husband ordered the oven roasted chicken and it was dry and not very tasty . The prices are reasonable . On the other hand the breakfast special they have for $5.25 is great you get 2 eggs, bacon, sausages, toast and gone fries and it was delicious.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sarnia, Canada
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Came to this restaurant from my hotel. Had a nice dinner that was perfect. Clean room, friendly staff, overall a very good first night here

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stratford, Canada
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

While staying at the Holiday Inn up the road I walked down here for supper. I was not interested in anything too big and the bar tender recommended the Steak Sandwich. It was perfect. Exactly what I needed. .Very courteous server as well.

Visited May 2014
Mississauga
“Food was Good, Service was Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights and ate at this restaurant twice. First night we had regular pub fare - burgers, fries and fish and chips. Fries are real hand cut potatoes and burger and fish were good. Not crazy amazing - but good food. But the service was outstanding - friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Made us want to go back the next night. Next night I had the ribs which were good - but the vegetables tossed in garlic butter were really good. My husband had a Caesar salad - which was very good - but then a disappointing seafood platter. Fish was good, shrimps were bland and scallops looked like they had been boiled - ick. So, stick to the pub grub, avoid the seafood platter and enjoy your evening. We had complimentary breakfasts because we were staying at the hotel - but no issues with what we had.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St Catharines
“Love my meals here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stay at the Best Western hotel for two nights, the first night we got room service, the meal was fast and the best meal we had in Sarnia. We try John's Restaurant and was very disappointed. I also ate my breakfast two morning in Shelly's tap and grill. The service and staff was excellant. Would go back and have all my meals if staying in Sarnia. I had the Belgian Wafer for Breakfast one more it was so good. Prices are the same as John's Restaurant but better food.

• Visited April 2014