“A great meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sarnia, Canada
“A great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I was treated to a great meal at Zola's this month. It was my first time there and I will be back. The food is great and well presented. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The decor has been toned down quite a bit since it's days as the Zebra Lounge, and that is a good thing. It is not truly authentic Mexican food because the chef uses his imagination to create wonderful fusions. I had the surf and turf tacos, one companion had the Enchiladas de Seafood and the other companion had the giant Burrito Grande. Portions were generous in size and to me, the price was reasonable for what you got.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious food!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Upon first walking into this restaurant, you are caught by the décor and the atmosphere! It was great and retro-chic. The server was very friendly and took our orders promptly. My colleague and I ordered the seafood enchiladas and honestly, they were SO DELICIOUS. I would highly recommend them. The portions were a great size; they definitely didn't leave you hungry! I had a glass of wine instead of one of their custom Mexican drinks, but my colleague did have a Mojito and thought it was great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarnia, Canada
“Authentic Mexican Cusine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

In my opinion this sould be classified as a "Specialty Resturant"..
The food is "Authentic Mexican" and is fabulas....that being said, it is more money than your regular resturants. The only thing I would have liked them to do is have pictures of the entre's on the menu like other resturants have. The names of the entre's are in mexican and you don't really know what your going to get or what it consists of. But with the help and explaination form our server we all made excellent choices..
I would recommend "Zolas" for the atmostphere and a meal that's "unique".
Oh yes, must not forget the "Margaritas" made from scratch...awesome!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarnia
“Not Bad Mexican Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I agreed with one blogger that the food was good but not worth the price. My spouse and I wanted something to eat before going to the movies and I suggested trying this restaurant. One small bowl of chill was $10.00 and the entire meal for two with a couple of margaritas cost $120.00. I would pay that price if I were in Vegas or Toronto when the price of real estate dictates the location but really, $120.00 dinner for two for mexican food(where's the beef)?

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SW Ontario
“Nice atmosphere good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Place was recommended by friends. My wife and I were looking for a chill quiet place to have dinner and this place was just the spot. Nice, quiet, dark, atmosphere with some jazz music playing overhead.

The meal itself was very good Mexican, and certainly not 'bar mexican'. Service was good, not fantastic, and the price was a little high but the food was worth price. Wish the menu had a few more options.

All in all it was a great 'date night' and we would certainly recommend it.

• Visited December 2013