“Great Service & Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Deep River, Canada
“Great Service & Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I Love this restaurant. We were in Sarnia for a few days visiting family and stumbled across this place. The Service was amazing, the Food was even better. I See a few people complaining about the price and such. I think that considering how big the portions were (which were huge) they weren't that expensive at all. I've been to Other Restaurants that charged more for less.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will go there again the next time I'm in town,

Satisfied Customer ****

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Waterloo, Indiana
“I would love to try it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were on our way home from vacation and was looking for a decent restaurant. We like Mexican and saw the sign for Zola's. I have to admit I was a little worried when we got inside. The decor in my view was a bit strange for a Mexican restaurant but we decided to hang in there and I'm glad we did. My wife got chips with guacamole and I ordered Tortilla soup. My wife liked hers because they made the guacamole fresh and I loved the soup. They put chunks of Avocado in the soup and I wasn't sure about that but it turned out great. The Chicken in the soup was good and when the Avocado melted it gave the soup an even better taste and it was spiced just right! Our waitress was really nice and answered all of our questions. We asked directions to the border crossing and she wrote it down for us which I thought was extremely kind. We asked directions a few other times on our trip and people were nice and gave us verbal instructions but with her writing it down,well, we really appreciated that! Yes, the prices seemed high but we would try it again if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“You have to eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Sarnia all my life an this is one of the best dine out meals I have ever had! My party shared A few different apps and entrees and I also had the best soup ever - the Tortilla Soup. My husband loved the Saffron Mussel Soup. You have to try the Queso Fundido Chihuahua!!!!!! Seriously, beyond good food! Great service as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, Canada
“Nice night after the movies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went here after seeing "The Man of Steel" on a movie date night. I had the pollos flautas and my date had the queso fundido. Both dishes came out hot and homemade. With fresh ingredients and excellent seasoning the meal went down well with some margaritas and good conversation. The music was loud when we got there but I think they turned it down because we couldn't hear them when they told us to take a seat. It wasn't very busy so the server had lots of opportunity to wait on us and she did very well. All in all a good time. I'll go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Point Edward, ON
“Very enjoyable evening.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first visit to Zola's. We have been looking for Mexican food in Sarnia for years and this filled the bill. The decor is very tasteful and reminds me of upscale restaurants in Playa del Carmen and Acapulco. The menu is limited, but we were able to find great food. We shared calamari that was done perfectly as an appetizer. I had two chicken tostados and my husband had the special of the day. Bassa stuffed with shrimp, scallops, mussels, Acapulco potatoes and rice. Cheese grated on the top. Very nice portions and everything cooked very well. I had leftovers for lunch. Of course, complimentary nachos and salsa are on the table.

They have Dos Equis on draft Sol, Corona in the bottle and a large selection of Mexican tequilas. The prices are high for Sarnia; but a very nice treat for a special occasion. If you aren't really into Mexican food; this is not the spot for you. We will definitely go back for our "special" dinners.

The waitress was very knowledgeable and quick. We truly enjoyed this. Parking may be a problem on the weekends as the space is limited.

• Visited April 2013