“We enjoyed it!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Sarnia
A TripAdvisor Member
“We enjoyed it!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2005

My husband and I went for our first wedding anniversary. We had a room with a view of the water and he loved being able to sit at night and watch the ships pass by on the St. Clair River. We could also see the Blue Water Bridge from our room, which was beautiful at night.

We got a great package deal and had sparkling wine (you can request real or sparkling) and flowers waiting for us and a great deal that included dinner at the restaurant next door. We liked it so much we are going back this weekend.

The staff were very friendly and wanted to be very helpful. My husband LOVES pizza and they recommended a little pizza place a few miles away that was authentic - I mean you can stand outside the window and watch them tossing the dough and everything. We had a great time!!

The hotel is a bit older, but it does have charm. It is clean and very comfortable and the staff is on hand to try to accommodate your every need. The inside corridors are stone - not drywall - I thought that was very cool and so did my husband. It's not a Holiday Inn type of hotel if that is what you are looking for. But if you are looking for a nice, quiet place to stay where the people are friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home, then this is the place.

Because it is on the channel where a lot of freighters come through, it is close to some industrial factories, however I did not notice a foul smell or any problems from the factories....but then we were there on the weekend and they were closed for the most part during that time.

• Stayed May 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

Well we stayed in a Handicap room, which I would not suggest doing. The toilet had handles on both sides (very cramped), which made it very difficult to take care of yourself. The toilet paper is on the wall ahead of you, which you can not reach unless you get off the toilet (very impracticle). My poor pregnant friend had a tough time. You are also next to some type of machinery that has a very fowl smell. It states that it is on the water, which it is, but there isn't much too it and there are no rooms facing the water for a nice view. All in all the beds were comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep, but other than that I would not stay here again. The price for the Hotel was not worth what you got. I felt like I was staying in a Motel not a Hotel. I expected so much more from seeing their web site, than how it really was. Was not impressed at all. Very disappointed.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to The Harbourfront Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Harbourfront Inn

Address: 505 Harbour Road, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 5R8, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Sarnia
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Sarnia
Hotel Class:2 star — The Harbourfront Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Harbourfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Harbourfront Hotel Sarnia
Harbourfront Hotel Sarnia
The Harbourfront Inn Sarnia, Ontario

If you own or manage The Harbourfront Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.