“Would come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Guildwood Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Guildwood Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Guildwood Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1400 Venetian Boulevard, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Sarnia
Brantford, Canada
“Would come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a wonderful stay! Started with the way we were treated at the front desk, to the evening manager at the Shellys Tap and Grill (hotel restaurant on site), to quickly responding to any requests we had. We previously had a crib/play pen ordered to the room. Within 5 minutes it was at our door. Every dining, tourism, request for what to do, what to see, where to go, always was fantastic and they helped us out whenever needed. The days were HOT!!!!, so the pool was fantastic. This was also the only negative, As a father of 2 little kids I spent a lot of time in the water on my knees in the water and the pools bottom (blue paint) must have rubbed off on my knees and tops of my toes and doesn't seem to come off easily. Not a big complaint, as we really enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer! Thanks to everyone who made our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was our second time staying at this Best Western. It was an over night stay. We were traveling with our dog and this hotel is pet friendly. When we booked the hotel there was no mention of a pet charge so I was surprised at check in. I mentioned it to the hotel receptionist and she said it was now a new charge, but she would check with the hotel manager. The room was nice, very large and even though our dog is only 5 pounds, it was nice to have the extra space and the outside door so we could take her out. We needed a microwave to heat up our dinner and there was not one in the room. We called and one was brought to our room quicker than I could get the food out of the cooler! Bed was comfy, toiletries very nice for a Best Western (even lip balm!), and I loved the heat lamp getting out of the shower. It's a bit old, but well maintained. Breakfast was free in the restaurant. It was very good and our server was nice. When we checked out the pet charge had been removed. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the hotel. Was noisy and echoy sounding in the night. Will stay at the other London Best western next time. The noise from the children was a lil much. I also never had my points put on my rewards card.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Wheatley, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We only stayed the one night but we were very happy with the condition of the room and the hotel in general. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were especially happy with the ground floor room having both and inside and outside door and little patio to sit on. Next time though we will ask for a marina side room for the views. Excellent location close to the parks, bridge and downtown.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the river, ask for a marina side room. For ease of access get a ground floor r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirkland Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hotel staff was excellent! Room and breakfast also excellent. I made a mistake with the booking and the manager was quick to rectify the problem. She was very friendly and helpful when I was talking to her. Definitely will stay here again! Give this hotel and staff A++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for business.

My first impression of the room was it felt like like a fancied up old motel room. The walls and carpet looks a bit dated, but the bed, fixture, and tub has been recently updated.

There is no elevator at this place. So if you have mobility issues, make sure you ask for a room on the first floor

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but can't complain about it since it's complimentary.

If you are a light sleeping, this place might not be for you. When the neighbouring room flushes the toilet, you can hear it REALLY loud. I'm not sure if it was just my room or if they're all like that.

Another disappointing thing is I think their BW rewards status is pretty much useless. I have Diamond status and I don't think there is any perks besides......1 chocolate bar. I'm starting to get the idea there is no real perks to sticking to BW, but this is more of a corporate issue, then the location itself.

Overall, I think this is one of the BETTER Best Western that I stayed in, but I think it's really hard to stick to their chain when competitors offer more for repeated guests.

Pros:
- Nice clean and updated room
- Friendly staff
- Free internet with decent speed
- Free breakfast
- Variety of channels on TV

Con:
- thin walls
- sub-par breakfast
- non-existing BW reward status program

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Guildwood Inn? Share your experiences!