“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Sarnia
Barrie, Canada
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed for a tournament for 2 nights. The rooms were spacious and nice, the beds were comfortable except there were no firm pillows. We were on the first floor and it was great because we had a balcony door that went directly to the parking lot. The pools were nice but the restaurant was expensive. The only bad thing was that we did get housekeeping and so we had dirty sheets and dirty, wet towels. I had to personally have to go and get towels .

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
Geoff E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
ldantimo, It was great to see you enjoyed your stay and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the facilities. It was unfortunate that both the pillows and the housekeeping services were not to your liking. For future stays, please be aware that we have a pillow menu (offering 6 different pillow types). In addition, if there is anything during your stay that we have overlooked, please feel free to call down to the front desk at anytime. We have 24 hour Manager on Duty Services available to all of our guests. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice.

Oakville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Hold On! that wasn't a compliment. Rather, it was a head-shaking on how this hotel consistently manage to disappoint me. I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions in the past. As a Platinum member, I requested for a room in the tower section. But instead, I got room on the main floor (which I can't stand) of the "supposedly" renovated section. If this was renovated, I sure would hate to see the non-renovated rooms. Did they renovate with materials from the "ReUseIt" stores? As a Platinum member for several years, I have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn hotels across North America, this hotel has got to be the worse. I don't think they even attempt to upgrade you. Famous line has always been, there aren't any rooms available to upgrade. Yes, standard pre-scripted phrase.
I have booked myself at this hotel next month for over 15 days. But, I will also be booking another nearby hotel just in case I get another lousy room. That way, I can always checkout and go to the other hotel. For the price of this hotel, it really isn't worth the disappointment.

Room Tip: stay away from the old section. The only rooms worth staying are the upper floors in the tower secti...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank RTam87
Dear RTam87,
I am very disappointed to read of your experiences with us and that you feel unappreciated as an IHG Rewards Platinum member. We truly do try and provide a complimentary upgrade for our platinum members at check in but due to the consistent high demand of our 70 room tower, they fill very quickly through advanced bookings. Your room preferences have been noted and we will continue to do the best we can to get you where you want to be.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We really enjoy every stay at this wonderful location near the Bluewater Bridge and Canatara Park...an easy find as you exit the bridge..
The Tower rooms are our choice..spacious, clean and nice views.
However, the Bridges Restaurant is the big draw for us..terrific food, wonderful menu and great servings..the wine list is also very good.
The staff are the best!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a room on the main floor of the old section. Totally needs to be renovated. Room was warn out, carpet was dirty and the room felt very stuffy.
Ask for a room in the newer section.
And I do not recommend the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CeeBee130
I am sorry you were not satisfied with your experience. I would certainly love the opportunity to make this right. Please contact me at your convenience at 519-336-8840 or geisenbraun@fortisproperties.com

Orillia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Our room wasn't near as nice as any of the photos I see here. The room was a little outdated, but that's ok. It was clean. The washroom was nice. The room smelled really musty, we turned the A/C on and it got better. The best thing about this hotel is the location....minutes away from the casino and the border. The staff were friendly and helpful. In the morning, my husband had breakfast while I slept in. He said it was good, I believe it was $13-14 per person. This hotel didn't really leave any kind of impression on me. Very basic, clean, comfortable bed. Nothing special for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear dmclay,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We are so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. We're sorry you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you received. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stay here any time we are in the area - a couple of times a year- from weekend long stays to 2 weeks.
I cannot say enough about the staff. From the greetings at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff. I can always tell when my 'favorite" housekeeper is working the moment I enter the room.
Any questions or requests are always met with a smile.
They have both indoor and outdoor pools for your enjoyment. A small fitness centre and a Par 3 golf course on site.
The hotel is always very clean.
I have read some snippets of reviews stating there are rooms that are outdated etc. Rest assured, the rooms have been updated.

Bridges restaurant has fantastic food. You can eat indoors or out in nice weather.

It is close to everything. The Bluewater Bridge to the USA is right out the front door. Take a drive/walk under the bridge and sit and watch the boats and crystal blue water.

I cannot say enough about this hotel. It's like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KarenCOntario
It was a pleasure to read your review "KarenCOntario"! We can't thank you enough for sharing your experience with everyone. It was great to see we are your second home and that you feel so comfortable with the hotel and our staff. We will see you again soon!

London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Front Desk Staff was extremely friendly, great customer service. Room was very comfortable and clean. The restaurant has a great menu. We would have liked to golf and dine the golfcourse but we were short on time. The grounds are very nice and the hotel itself is extremely clean. Very close to downtown and lake front restaurants and tourist spots. Will return here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower king suite, beds were very nice and comfortable. Choice of pillows...firm and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jana B
Dear Jana B,
I was so pleased to see you had a wonderful stay with us and that you appreciated the friendly guest service and the clean and comfortable guestroom. We hope your next stay with us allows you time to enjoy our 9 hole, Par 3 golf course. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Cheers,
Geoff Eisenbraun, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sarnia
BEST WESTERN PLUS Guildwood Inn
Drawbridge Inn
#9 of 16 in Sarnia
3.0 of 5 stars 71 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Port Huron

Been to Holiday Inn Sarnia Hotel & Conf Center? Share your experiences!