“A wonderful added dimension to the Peterborough scene” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
“A wonderful added dimension to the Peterborough scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Fresh local foods, an amazing array of wines. Well worth a visit. There are very few spots in Peterborough to go for a quiet glass of wine in a space with no pretensions and genuinely attentive service. This is ce

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

toronto
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We landed in Peterborough without knowing much about the city and where to go for a bite. We were immediately attracted by Le Petit Bar, because of the wine and cheese options on the menu, and the ambiente, refined and easy at the same time - genuine and not pretentious. I am a recent immigrant from Italy and therefore picky as far a quality and freshness of products are concerned. Le Petit Bar delivered to my taste and standards. The cheeses and meats we ordered were excellent and beautifully paired with mustards, jam and arugula. The boards were presented with taste and with nice attention to details both visually and taste-wise. The Chianti we chose was remarkable as for quality/price ratio. Great job on the space: loved the carpenter's work! Kudos, Le Petit Bar. Best of luck!

• Visited April 2013
“Capital Mmmmmmnmm!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Why would even go to Peterborough? Le Petit Bar that's why!!! This place reeks of awesomeness. You can smell it as soon as you walk in. And not in a hipster way.

My husband and I shared a Cheese and Charcuterie board (roughly 10 -17 dollars). TO DIE FOR! The options change like the wind blows so its easy to make it your regular spot and never get bored of the same ole same ole. They have vegetarian options and the servers really know their stuff when it comes to the wines. Oh the wines!!!

This is 100% my favorite place to go in Peterborough. Even my 17 month old daughter loves Le Petit Bar (she's very cool.)
I strongly recommend checking out Le Petit Bar next time you are looking for a great place with amazing atmosphere and food to match.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have visited Le Petit Bar on a few occasions since its opening and have never been disappointed. The wine list is constantly being updated so I know that I am going to have something that I've never tried before. The staff is very knowledgeable about each wine and takes the time help you select one you'll enjoy. The cocktail and beer selection is great too for those who don't drink wine. Though I was only there for drinks and conversation during my last visit, I have tried menu items in the past. The charcuterie and cheese platters are fantastic with a nice glass of wine and there are always 4 or 5 additional menu items to choose from, all made fresh. Le Petit Bar is a community gem!

Visited March 2013
Montreal, Canada
“A Peterborough gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Every time we visit Peterborough, we make a point of spending an evening at Le Petit Bar and every time we are blown away. With just one step through the door we are transported to a Parisian wine bar, complete with zinc countertop and impressive display of wines. But it’s the friendly, warm and cozy atmosphere that entices us to stay and try the signature cocktails and carefully selected wines.

Ordering food is a must. We love the charcuterie and cheese boards. The weekly feature dishes are extremely tasty and creative, including seasonal house-made items like pork sausages, vegetable tartines and salmon pate.

If we lived in Peterborough, we would be at Le Petit Bar every night. It’s perfect for happy hour with friends or a nightcap after dinner.

• Visited December 2012