“Lunch was good but expensive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of east side mario's

east side mario's
933 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario K9J 1Z5, Canada
705-740-2114
Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 266 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Italian
Toronto, Canada
“Lunch was good but expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Although the food and service were good we found it extremely expensive for lunch. For 3 of us to eat it ended up being $50.00 and we didn't get dessert or anything. I had the house salad which didn't have much in it other than lettuce and a few strands of carrots and cabbage, 2 olives and a hot pepper. We won't be going back anytime soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Peterborough, Canada
“ridiculous...avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Greeted by one of the owners. Said my name 3 times and got it wrong each time. Work in hospitality much? It has only a few letters and one syllable, genius. It was a table for 2 and, predictably, they always try to get you to go to the bar and wait...where there was a booth for 2 sitting there nearby, empty but dirty. Then the other owner as seen in the local TV commercials, comes up and obnoxiously yells in the bar area my name at the top of her lungs. The bar area had like maybe 10 people there, not counting me and my girlfriend. Okay, she is more obnoxious in person than the hokey TV commercial on CHEX TV. Our server came and while most give you a moment to see the menu, she took almost as long as it took for us waiting in the bar area for a table to return to take the order. Of course, first thing she pushes was wine and beer. Service was really slow and disjointed. The bread sticks have become almost the size of a grocery store dinner roll you can buy from a bin. Brings a salad bowl with barely enough for 2 people and all kinds of room for more. Hey, how about bring double that so people can have enough salad and bread when the food arrives...which it did, hut no salad or bread to have with the newly arrived food. The service doesn't seem to be getting better. And, quite frankly, I was joking by saying I hope they don't start singing that happy birthday song, where they call come marching out and clapping and singing unintelligibly. Well, they did...right next to where I was sitting. Just as obnoxious as the female manager who I could hear roaring names to the point of startling patrons. So, Prime Restaurants, if you're reading this, grab a clue. People want a nice place to go, with value and where apps are delivered consistently. We don't like the singing and clapping and do not like managers that holler names because lord knows I do not see that elsewhere. And hey, the 90's were some time ago. Time to update the concept, no? And maybe a Prix fixe/table d'hote pricing to give more value instead of like $40 for 2 people with 2 pops and 2 pasta entrees, and nothing else.

Avoid at peak hours if you can.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, ON
“great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family of 4 ate here recently. We all ordered the pasta special which includes a choice of 4 types of pasta, 4 types of sauce, and either soup or salad, and bread. It's all you can eat. The pasta can be switched up and the sauces, so you don't have to have a refill of the same thing. I noticed our waitress worked hard, because if anyone orders this type of 'unlimited meal', the waitress goes back and forth from the kitchen to replenish many items. She was friendly and accommodating. It was a good value, and I think it was the cheapest dinner entree on the menu. I would order this type of meal again, as you get filled-up, by the refills.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
canada
“Food nothing special for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Their Italian food is a joke. I had the lasagna which was dry and not at all tasty. It was like it had been cooked a few days before & microwaved slightly when ordered. I like lasagna but not this one. Had salad which was totally unattractive to look at and worse to eat. The hostess/manager is a nice young lady who I believe is really committed to seeing that customers enjoy their meals but with this kind of food quality there won't be many satisfied customers.

Visited July 2013
Durham, Canada
“Endless bread and salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I haven't been to an East Side Marios in years. Visited the one in Peterborough and it was great. Loved the caesar salad and the bread just kept coming. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. They have kids under 10 eat free on Wednesdays.

• Visited September 2013