“Good value and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 George Street North, Peterborough, Ontario K9J 3H2, Canada (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Special Price
30% off Sunday Night Stay
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Peterborough
Ottawa
“Good value and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I stayed here on May 29 when I learned that the Holiday Inn was fully booked. I found the room spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. I appreciated the 15% discount coupon at nearby restaurants as well as the free valet parking. The location couldn't be more convenient to shopping and restaurants. I would recommend the Curry Village Restaurant next door. The continental breakfast looked fine although I preferred to go next door to a small cafe for an excellent full hot breakfast.

I will definitely stay there again when I travel to Peterborough on business (in fact I have already booked there for my next visit).

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — I would upgrade the pillows
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

We had an unfortunate stay at the Peterborough Inn. To begin with, the rates were changed after we booked, but we were not informed of the pending change until we checked in.

We stayed in one of the executive suites. The room looked lovely, but we found many issues with it. The bed was very uncomfortable as was the couch (due to its second life as a sofabed). Lightbulbs were burnt out. We had requested a DVD player -- the one they supplied was broken, and incorrectly hooked up to the television meaning we had to configure both the television and DVD player ourselves.

We settled in for a jacuzzi only to have the jets shoot water all over the bathroom because one of them was faulty. We thought that perhaps the fireplaces had been turned off for the season, but in fact it just wasn't working.

Garbage wasn't removed -- kleenex not replenished.

The management's response was that we should have contacted them when we found these problems, but it's hard to see why we should be their quality assurance board. They were very pleasant when we checked out (early) and expressed our displeasure, and did give us a rebate on the room for our inconvenience.

My husband and I are not complainers. Something small wrong is an occasion to share a snicker and have a story to tell. Unfortunately our stay here tipped way over past funny story.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
King City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

Our family stayed at this hotel for a dance competition next door. We stayed in a family signature suite which was a generous size and had a great washroom with a corner jacuzzi tub which was perfect to soothe tired legs at the end of the day. The room was heated by a lovely 2 sided fireplace and although there was no in-room movie service there were certainly many tv chanels to view. My kids would have liked it if the room had a dvd player.

The room was bright and large and a great size for a family of four. It was much bigger that any of our friends rooms at the Holiday Inn down the street.

The continental breakfast was convenient and made getting started easy and less rushed. The breakfast lounge was a nice place to sit and chat in the afternoons and evenings as well. It had a very home-like feel and it was nice to have it available to sit in and have an herbal tea at the end of the day.

The manager and his team were very courteous and friendly and did everything to make our stay comfortable.

The only draw back was that the pull out couch could stand replacing as it was uncomfortable and the sheers could use a good wash as they were pretty dingy looking. I like the way the Sheraton hotels have been delibertate about the comfort of their beds (sweet sleeper) and done away with bedspreads to improve hygiene. If Peterborough Inn could do the same and update the rooms a little it would certainly become the best hotel in the area. It's not easy to find this level of personal service in the large chains.

If our dance competitions bring us back to Peterborough we will most definitely choose to stay here again for the great location and personal service. By then their spa will be open too!

• Liked — Room size and level of service
  • Disliked — Comfort of the beds and tired dated decor
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Our stay at this Boutique hotel was extremely pleasant. I am a world traveller and I have noticed that the deals in the North American Continent are the best. Very clean and inexpensive rooms done up in a very much classy manner. The rooms are huge compared to most chains we have stayed in. This hotel especially was extremely clean to. The location was very convenient as its right in downtown. And very good restaurants to choose from while you are travelling. The beds were also very well designed and we had a very peaceful sleep. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of the way to help every guest. I recommend this hotel to every kind of traveller. Let it be corporate or leisure.

Cheers.

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

The hotel was fine. Pretty average. It was clean enough. Not spectacularly clean, but not dirty. The staff was friendly. I hope that the towels that I got were not the ones that the last reviewer was screaming and shouting about, because they were also just regular towels. She could have easily used the "normal" bath towels.

The downside to the hotel is that, if you are looking for some quiet, it might be elusive at times. It seemed like the walls were a bit thin. I could hear every footstep of the neighbors next door/across the hall/ down the hall/ upstairs/ downstairs, every door open and close, every time the neighbor turned on the jets of their tub. Also the hotel is next to several bars and a nightclub, so you can hear the drunken university kids yelling outside. None of this is in the hotel's control, I guess, but it's something to think about if you're an early sleeper (the noise went on at least until 1:30am as people were coming and going) or looking for some quiet time.

• Liked — Location and Fireplace
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
durban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I am compel to put my remark about the par excellent services i have witnessed during my stay at Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel. I was introduced to Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel by one of my close friend he inform me that its a every congenial hotel and take care of client need with utter care. I was intrigue to find the same treatment when i first visited them. I travel all across word for my business need. i am always keen to locate hotel which can provide me home environment. i was profoundly fascinated by the people attitude and approach.

I am planing to visit them once again probably in august this year.

• Stayed July 2007
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

I travel a lot and this time it was an opportunity to stay at Peter borough. my business demand extensive traveling and therefore I have to be totally fit in all respect to keep up my mental as well as physical balance intact. This suite gave me everything, or rather i would say much more than what i expected. my sincere thanks to the staff and management of Peterborough Inn & Suites, Ontario.
i wish them best success in the coming future. One thing I clearly observed was the excellent display of hospitality and care and would describe this suite only in Word - "Marvelous"

Keep up the spirit.

• Liked — Caring
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!