“Great Evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel

You added Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   312 George Street North, Peterborough, Ontario K9J 3H2, Canada (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Peterborough, Canada
“Great Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here Nov. 24. We arrived really early (11:00 a.m.) and asked if we could just leave our bags with them as we knew we were too early to check in. The girl at the front desk said we could leave our things and park the car and they would have our room ready by the time we came back and our room was ready. Now that's great service. The room was fine and we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I found the staff very polite and professional. The bed was extremely comfortable and I really enjoyed a restful night. The room and washroom were clean and well supplied. Although I did not bring a computer on this trip, I would consider it on my next visit as they have wi-fi available. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while in Peterborough for a hockey tournament. The hotel room was decent and fairly comfortable. My son enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after this games but the bathrooms could really use a facelift. Although the location of the hotel is ideal for proximity to shops and restaurants, I warn any light sleepers about staying at this hotel. I was unable to sleep both nights from 12am to 3am as the noise coming from the outside bar crowd was extremely loud. My room was on the fourth floor and facing the back of the building but even with my windows closed, I could still hear the noise from the rowdy crowds. The first night was particularly loud. When I called the reception they mentioned that there was a party taking place in room 405 (which was right beside mine) but that they were told to be quiet from 1am on. 1am!!! that is completely unacceptable for a hotel. What hotel allows people to party until 1am in their rooms especially on a weekend when the hotel is mostly filled with young boys playing in a hockey tournament. They called themselves a boutique hotel but it's far from being one. They're also trying to sell romantic weekend packages...please... there is nothing romantic about that hotel except for the gas fireplace. So if in Peterborough for a party weekend with friends this hotel is fine but otherwise I do not recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had to go on business for one night. I was given a room on the 4th floor that was dark and gloomy but clean as was the bathroom. The mattress on the bed felt cheap and the comfort of it was so-so. Unfortunately I kept getting woken up by noise the fridge made on and off in the room. Staff was fine if uninspiring and recommended a restaurant a few doors away that served everything on the menu with poutine. Poutine is brown gravy and cheese curds. Lovely for some, disgusting to me. I had a hamburger minus the poutine and called it a night. Continental breakfast included in room rate seemed adequate, though I opted to just have a cup of coffee and leave as soon as possible to have a good breakfast elsewhere. Would not opt to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

In town for a sporting competition The hotel is old and it shows. Everything is dirty and worn. Very dated. The room we were given was right off the lobby and the window was right in the street. Could not open the curtains because there would've no privacy. So room was very dark and gloomy. Anything but romantic like they try to portray (fireplace and jacuzzi). I wouldn't dare get I that tub! Very grungy. Not even a real bed only a Murphy bed and a dilapidated pullout. People in lobby - right outside our room - having a loud conversation at 4 am for about 45 minutes. Then on next night, party goers out on the sidewalk 2 feet from our window at 2 am until about 2:30. Two nightclubs just up the sidewalk a few doors. Happy to leave.

• Stayed October 2012
Jasleen S, Owner at Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. It really helps us to
better understand our guest's needs, and it's always appreciated. I'd also like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
Unfortunately, since most of our rooms had been reserved in August for that weekend, this was the last room available upon booking. Normally, when we're making a reservation over the phone, or in person for this room, we inform the guest that the room is right off of the lobby. Unfortunately, since this was a third party online booking, we hadn't done so. This will definitely be done in the future to prevent something like this from happening again.
Although there is little we can do about street noise, we will do our best to keep the noise level down in the lobby, overnight. We had offered our biggest suite later on that evening as there was a last minute cancellation, unfortunately it was not available for the second night. Having to change rooms twice can be an inconvenience, so we understood your decision to stay in the original room.
This is an old building. However, we believe that is what gives it character. We are constantly renovating and updating, and feedback such as this gives us ideas for what to work on next. Once again, I thank you for your feedback.

Jasleen
Hotel Owner
Bancroft
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

A Peterborough Classic in my mind, we always stay here when family brings us to Peterborough. The cozy fireplaces are perfect in the winter, and the whirlpool tub is the cherry on top. Breakfast could really use some work...Eggs would be nice. However the 24 Hour cafe next door provides an amazing breakfast. Although I typically like to be in the back or in one of the side rooms during the weekends, the front facing rooms do provide the best rooms.

The staff are always attentive and friendly, always quick to converse about any old thing you feel like talking about. I recently ran into Jess speaking with a government worker about employment trends in Peterborough and the surrounding areas. It was a nice change to see someone being able to hold her own in a relatively selected interest conversation. Janet is there with a smile and Denis makes sure whatever you need is taken care of as soon as possible. What I also enjoy about Peterborough Inn that you don't really see in other hotels is that they all seem like good friends. Conversing and laughing it defilement gives you the impression everyone enjoys working there.

All in all I would always recommend this place to everyone looking for accommodations in Peterborough Ontario. The parking is a bit of a pain however it gives you the opportunity to wander around downtown and really take in the culture.

Room Tip: 403 is the recently renovated room, check it out if you can!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nothing very fancy, but it was clean and well located. The room did have a fridge and sink and desk. No couch.

I thought the $100 security deposit was a bit unusual in this day and age, but they refunded it the next day.

Room Tip: Try not to face George street, there are a couple of clubs there and lots of drunk teens running bac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!