“Terrible hotel - don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1209 Lansdowne Street West, Peterborough, Ontario K9J 7M2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
“Terrible hotel - don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was traveling for business and decided to try out this hotel. They put me in a smoking room with no warning (I reserved non-smoking), and then they couldn't switch my room because they said they were sold out. The room smelled terrible and was dirty. After telling the clerk about a specific dirty area, he said he would take care if it, but didn't. The room was so bad I took pictures of it as evidence for anyone else in my company who might consider trying to stay there. When I told them I was checking out early and why, there was no apology or any offer to resolve the complaint. Do not stay here - there are much better choices in Peterborough.

• Stayed October 2013
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sending your review in and letting us know how you felt about your recent stay with us. I was saddened to hear you left feeling the way you did and that you were unhappy. I was surprised to hear you had issues with cleanliness in your room and that you reported them to our Guest service staff and nothing was done about them.

This is not typical of our procedure or policy when it comes to these issues. Our Guest service staff are normally extremely attentive and reactive to any issues or concerns guests may present.

I do apologize on behalf of our entire team regarding the cleanliness of your room. I would love the opportunity to speak to you anytime at your convenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
GODERICH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

On arriving for one night, mid-week...the Lobby is very modern....away from the usual Comfort
Inn style...our room also had recently been re-done,flat screen TV...new beds and tastfully decorated.
All was clean and peaceful, with good value.
A plate of warm choc: chip cookies on the reception desk was a nice touch, as was the large jug of lemon or lime water as we passed by at different times. Staff pleasant and helpful, breakfast a good variety but as per Motel usual, scrambled eggs rubber like...are Comfort Inns trying to go Boutique?!!

Room Tip: A good location for all you might want to see and do in Peterborough. Stayed on second floor and co...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Let me take a moment to thank you for your review. It’s always helpful to hear how we are doing when it comes to customer service and care. We try very hard to make all guests feel as welcome as they can in what we hope will be a home away from home.

I am so happy to hear how you felt about our recent renovations. We are very proud of the lobby and renovated guest rooms. Soon we will be starting our second wave of renovations, after which every room in our hotel will be renovated!

Once again, thank you for taking the time
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the first time on Sept 22nd; was in town for a business meeting. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful when I called to reserve and when I checked in. The hotel had been booked solid the night before but my room was ready when I arrived at 3PM. Housekeeping were still catching up so it was great to have my room ready. Nice touch having cookies at the front desk :)
My room was on the 3rd floor. I stay at Comfort Inns a lot and prefer the ground floor rooms where you can park right outside but I booked last minute. It was great to discover the hotel has an elevator! A person from the front desk called to see if everything was ok with the room; I appreciate that.
The hotel has undergone a major upgrade recently and I had one of the renovated rooms (King Suite). The CAA rate was really great. The flat screen TV was awesome and could swivel so I could watch while working at the desk. Wifi worked perfectly as usual at Comfort Inns. They leave the fridge plugged in which is good. I've been to many where they don't and it takes a while to cool down of course. The coffee makers are new and use individual pods; not sure of the brand but it worked well - hot fresh coffee in no time. Housekeeping gave me extra coffee on the way in. There was also a new microwave.
The bathroom was clean and the towels were new. They have "real" blowdryers meaning the kind where you don't have to hold down the on switch while using it. Bath amenities are basic but they do the trick. The room was clean and tidy. The invoice was slipped under the door during the night so there was no need to checkout via the front desk.
I know paper coffee cups and plastic drinking cups (wrapped in plastic) guarantee a clean and never used cup but I'd prefer ceramic and glass. I wash them anyway. Other than that, the only thing I hope they do is replace the tired bed spreads. They take the shine off the otherwise nicely upgraded room.
I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast but will definitely on my next visit. I will be booking this hotel again and highly recommend it to others. Great location and wonderful staff. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful, glowing detailed review.

We are very happy to hear you had a wonderful experience while staying with us recently. We have had a major upgrade, reno in the past year. All of our King rooms were done as well as our lobby, and hallways. This winter all Queen rooms will be completed as well! We are very excited about this as it will mean a complete update for all rooms in our hotel. Also this winter, all bedding will be changed over to the new Duvet style cover with a color sash. We pride ourselves on having a wonderful, courteous, helpful and efficient staff. That coupled with great, well appointed and clean rooms make staying with us a great experience.
I hope next time you get to try our amazing hot breakfast, included with all room rates.
Guelph, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed one night in August with my grandmother and daughter. It's just off the main Lansdowne strip so it's convenient for shopping an restaurants.

Service when checking in was good, the other guest next to us had trouble because there were no more non smoking rooms available but they were trying to accommodate him as best they could. Our room was on the first floor which was great for trips back and forth to the car. I was able to use the pool with my daughter as well. It's on the small side but it wasn't an issue since we weren't using it to swim laps. There is also a hot tub there too.

Room was fine. Beds were comfortable. However I did find a toenail clipping in mine, which was disgusting. Some more clippings on the floor by the chair. Bathroom was relatively clean but the corners were a bit dusty and there was some black mould at the baseboards.

There is a free continental breakfast in the lobby, which was decent. Unfortunately there weren't many options for my diabetic daughter but I didn't really expect there to be so I made do with what was available. Not much in the way of fruit, just apples and oranges.

I wasn't disappointed or anything, ive stayed in all kinds of olaces that were far worse and some that were far better. i wouldnt avoid this hotel, if i get the deal again on hotwire, id stay there again

• Stayed August 2013
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to let me know how you felt about staying with us. Thanks for pointing out our convenient location. It is handy when guests need to access anything in our great city of Peterborough.

We do our best to accommodate all guests with what they would like or need at the time of check in. I was glad to hear the guest service staff were working hard to try to help the guest you witnessed with a non-smoking request. Anytime someone calls and books ahead the question of smoking or non-smoking is addressed and guaranteed.

I was distraught to hear about your findings in the room. I will speak to the housekeeping manager about this issue to ensure it does not happen again all the rooms will be fully renovated starting at the end of this year. Making our entire property new and freshly appointed.

Once again I thank you for all your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is nicely situated on a main street in Peterborough. The check-in was seamless and our room was close to the check-in and breakfast area. The room was clean and ready for us.

The breakfast area is small with, perhaps, seating for 30. So, it you want to sit down for breakfast, either get there early or wait until it's closing. The breakfast selection was decent. Cereal, yogurts, toast, muffins/danish, create-your-own waffle (both regular and strawberry flavoured), hard-boiled eggs, coffee and tea.

The swimming pool and hot tub are in the basement. Not too bad as there is a nice large window so there's plenty of light. The temperature was perfect. You need to get towels form the front desk...and if you're 4 they really only want to give 4 towels. The towels are not the largest, so a few more towels would have been nice.

There are plenty of restaurants nearby for lunch and dinner. All the national chains are there.

I'd stay again. Good location. Nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We do try to meet and exceed guest expectations whenever possible. Our newly renovated lobby is very convenient and we pride ourselves on having a very courteous and attentive Guest service team.

Thank you for your comments about the breakfast area and assortment. I will discuss options with the food and beverage department in terms of assortment. We do usually have bananas as well.

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our pool and spa. I will be speaking to our guest service staff about never limiting the number of pool towels we give out to guests. This should never be an issue, thank you for pointing it out!

I hope we see you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Large room with very comfortable KS bed and super size flat screen TV. Nice sofa as well. The room was spotlessly clean.
Low flow shower was not very efficient, but worked.
Lots of parking and hotel was easy to find.
Breakfast scrambled eggs were good as were the sausages - much better than the USA version as was the coffee.
Would definitely stay here again and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
First let me thank you for all your valuable feedback, it’s always helpful to read people’s opinions after staying with us. You stayed in one of our newly renovated king rooms and they are so lovely. I’m glad you took advantage of the yummy breakfast we provide every morning, it’s a great way to start your day! I will pass on your comment about the shower efficiency to our maintenance team to see if anything can be done to improve the situation there. Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Comfort Hotel Peterborough where your comfort is our goal.
Gainesville,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been coming this hotel for the past 6 years for work. This past visit they have redone the lobby and breakfast area and some of the rooms. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sending in a review of the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. We are very proud of our renovations and the work that has been done to update and improve the property. We renovated the lobby, breakfast area and all 31 King rooms. Soon work will be starting on all other rooms resulting in all 103 rooms being complete. It is important to update and freshen up the décor, appliances and furniture in a hotel like ours and it is wonderful to hear from guests how they notice and enjoy the differences. We want you to always feel you are in your home away from home, after all, when you are with us you are our guest! Thank you for your loyalty, it really goes a long way and means the world to us.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!