I stayed here for the Grand Prix of Mosport last August - it was one of several hotels in the area, and I chose this one because it had the best rate. I'll chose somewhere else in the area next time, even if it costs a bit more.
The location is very good - just about every chain restaurant is within a 5 minute drive of motel, as are many stores (I made a late night emergency trip to Future Shop across the street!). The required Tim Horton's down the street...2 minute drive.
The hotel is your standard no-frills motel...a bit of a dive though. The hallway outside of our room (a non-smoking room) wreaked of smoke... it was really bad. We complained to the front desk, but they said that this was because of the location of the smoking rooms and there was nothing that could be done about it! I'll stay somewhere else based on this alone.... If that wasn't enough, there were several loud kids outside the hotel propping one of the side doors open (a locking exterior door) - I closed the door once only to find it propped open again. I considered this a security hazard, but I think it was some of the hotel staff who were doing this.
The room itself was ok - seemed reasonably clean...beds comfy enough, bathroom spacious enough. The shower was easy to use and had good water pressure. The smoke from the hallway didn't seem to come in the room that much. The wireless internet was spotty at best...sometimes worked, sometimes didn't - don't stay here if internet is necessary.
Breakfast was one of the worst hotel breakfasts I've ever had... I didn't expect much, but really... why bother if you're going to serve stuff this bad? Dried out eggs...rock hard sausages... the bread, bagels and muffins were the edible part of it.
Checkout had to be the slowest I've ever had - perhaps it just seemed that way because we were in a hurry. It took 15 minutes for a guest infront of us to checkout - perhaps it was because they were giving him a small discount because his room had no hot water (yikes!), but it took him almost as long to check us out.
Anyway...bottom line, I'd probably avoid this hotel in the future unless every other hotel in the area was booked or overly expensive... I could stand to stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel
- Quality Hotel Peterborough
- Quality Inn Peterborough
- Peterborough Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Peterborough, Ontario
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Quality Inn, is located only steps west of The Parkway near many restaurants, sports venues, shopping areas, tourist attractions and business centres. Our rates include a complimentary hot country fresh breakfast buffet,WIFI,local phone calls, parking and 24 hour coffee service. Drive-up rooms are available for easy room access. We have a guest laundry on site for your convenience. Simply relax in one of our lovely well appointed rooms or enjoy a work out in our fitness room. Our professional, friendly staff are waiting to welcome you to the Quality Inn the next time you are travelling to the Peterborough area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.