We stayed June 30 night checking out July 01/12. This is our 3rd time staying here, July 2010, July 2011, and 2012 for our anniversary. The first two years we had reservations, but this time the central booking office and the internet said no rooms were available, but we took the chance and got one of the more expensive rooms (the honeymoon suite) on the 4th floor with a king bed and a river front balcony we really like each time. The bathroom has been redone and is an extremely large size with a soaker tub and a separate shower. We had a problem with the frig and maitenance man was up to our room immediately. The front desk manager and his trainee were fantastic and they even sent up a bottle of champagne to us as it was our anniversary. The room was spotless and had lots and lots of towels, etc. We like this hotel very much as we like spending time on the balcony overlooking the river and the park, it has a fancy restaraunt and a causal food/pub by the water with friendly staff. We like it also because it is close enough to walk uptown and visit the stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Friendliest Service Among Peterborough, Ontario Hotels Located In the heart of the Kawarthas, the Holiday Inn Hotel Peterborough Waterfront is ideally situated along the Trent Severn Waterway in the downtown business and shopping district with 60 restaurants within walking distance. Our hotel's central location puts you near the world's highest hydraulic lift lock and Canada's only Canoe Museum, 1.5 km from our hotel. Peterborough hosts numerous festivals throughout the year, such as summer's Festival of Lights and is home to popular arts facilities, like Showplace Performance Centre. You'll also find some of the best shopping opportunities in downtown Peterborough. Lodging here puts business travelers near GE Canada, Siemens, Pepsi-QTG, De Laval, Ministry of Natural Resources and other businesses in Peterborough. Our hotel's amenities include over 650 sq. m. of meeting space, catering services and a 24-hour Business Centre. From the indoor/outdoor pool and whirlpool to the kid's playroom and recreation room, our Peterborough hotel's amenities keep you entertained. Enjoy a meal at the Riverside Grill, visit the Fitness Centre and relax in a 100% nonsmoking guest room or suite featuring comfortable beds with triple-sheeted mattresses, work areas with free high-speed Internet access, a 32-inch LCD TV and more. We invite you to stay at our hotel in Peterborough, where the only thing we overlook is the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Peterborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Hotel Peterborough
- Holiday Inn Peterborough Ontario
- Peterborough Holiday Inn