“We loved our stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peterborough
Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort
You added Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort to your Saves list
691 Frank Hill Rd., Peterborough, Ontario K9J 6X3, Canada   |
Mississauga, Canada
“We loved our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

To all the negative reviewers of this resort I must say thank you for I will never have to meet you there.We searched the web, made our reservations and the three of us went(me ,the wife and of course the dog).We found the website very acurate.The wheather the trailer and the other friendly guests all made for a most enjoyable stay and so close to town.Cannot wait to return soon.Thanks again Rick and Shelley

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LancasterResort, Owner at Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our resort. It really makes us happy to know you had a good time and that we will be seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mishawaka, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had a wonderful time. It was very relaxing. We got to spend time with our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. They only live 10 minutes away. The resort's hospitality was great. We will be coming back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our resort and all of your kind words. We are glad you had a relaxing time. That is what is vacation is all about.!
Edmonton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The location of this place was fine however; there were a number of issues that will prevent us from ever staying here again.

-trailer was not winterized leaving us with no water for up to 1-2 days
-some staff were not pleasant to deal with (especially old man in the office)
-being students, a 9 month contract (Sept.-May) did not work for us so we were told our family would be able to stay there for the month of May. Once we left we were told renovations were going to take place so our family could not stay and no refund would be granted.

If you would like to be treated with disrespect and get ripped off, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
LancasterResort, Owner at Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Lancaster Resort would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review of our resort on Trip Advisor. As the owner of Lancaster Resort, I will not dispute personal opinions but will respond to inaccuracies to better inform potential vacationers. I would like to start by saying that we were never informed by these guests that they were in anyway upset or not satisfied with their stay here. In fact, they stated several times that they absolutely loved it here. Our units are winterized but when it becomes very cold (below 20) the odd time we do have a waterline freeze. However, a situation like this is was, and always is, resolved within the same day. During the winter months we have our units available from September to May. In this case, our guests signed our agreement stating that they wanted to stay for that time period. The agreement also states that we do not permit additional renters and that if a winter rental guests chooses to leave before the end of their agreement, they lose their last month deposit. Sometimes it is very difficult for us to rent out units during the winter which is why we have this rule. Because of how nice these people were I decided to try to help them out. I informed them that I would try to rent out the unit for their last month so that I could give them back some or all of their deposit. Near the end of the month we decided that with the unit empty and no renters interested, we would use this time to try to insulate the waterline better and do some reno’s to the unit. We were never given the opportunity to address any unhappiness with this guest as that is not how we were told by them that they felt. In fact, we waived additional fees (multiple vehicles, multiple boat storages, canoe storage, visitors fees ) for them because they were so pleasant to deal with. As well, our “old man in the office” helped them on many occasions to boost their vehicles and their exchange was always pleasant and courteous. I am completely surprised and shocked by the negative comments from these very lovely people.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My Fiancé and I stayed at this resort last summer and had a great experience.
The owner was super friendly and very informative! The office staff were great too. They had everything ready when we showed up- even when we arrived a few hours earlier than expected.

We stayed in a one bedroom cottage for weekend. The cottage was cozy, comfortable and had all the basics. Staying in a cottage is much easier than camping!

We enjoyed the resort. The pool was very refreshing to cool off in. We also enjoyed a friendly game of badminton, where we shared some great laughs.

We spent the evenings sharing wine on the deck and enjoy the summer weather.

Thanks for the hospitality Lancaster. We hope to be back for a visit in the near future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
LancasterResort, Owner at Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post this review of our resort on Trip Advisor. We are glad you had a nice time here and hope to see you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My family stayed at this resort in August and had a great time. My two grandchildren loved the beach area. The lake was weedy but they still played by the waters edge while I sat and read a book in the sun. They also enjoyed swimming in the pool, playing horseshoes, and fishing off the dock. If you are looking for a beautiful spot to come and relax, this is it!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for posting a review on the trip advisor site. We always enjoy hearing about how much our guests enjoyed themselves. We hope you are able to enjoy another vacation here again soon.
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Lancaster Resort is situated on the southern tip of Chemong Lake, just 10 minutes northwest of Peterborough. This means you can enjoy all the best that nature has to offer without sacrificing any of the comfort and convenience of modern, urban life. Encounters with wildlife (of the pleasant leisurely kind!!) are never hard to find; nor is a warm, cosy, inviting, campfire. For exceptional natural scenery and abundant activities, look no further than just beyond your cottage balcony. Golf, fishing, swimming, biking, boating, canoeing, barbequing, you name it!! On the other hand, if calm relaxation is what you’re after, this quiet, charming, and peaceful resort is the place for you!! Accommodations are comfortable, roomy, and well-appointed. Staff is very friendly and helpful; almost like good neighbours!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our resort on trip advisor. You have captured the beauty of the Kawarthas and have complimented our resort very nicely. Our small family owned resort really appreciates when vacationers enjoy their time with us.
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Lesson learned - never travel again without checking Trip Advisor first!

As an Event Planner with 12+ years in the hospitality industry, I don’t think I have ever stayed in worse accommodations or been treated with such disrespect.

I was excited to have a well-deserved week off and had booked three nights in a cottage, at the last minute. When I arrived the gentleman in the Office was upset that I didn't leave my Credit Card upon booking, I tried to explain that I was not asked for the number and if I was, I would have happily given it to them, but he just became more furious telling me they required a Credit Card number to confirm the reservation, and called someone else in to the office. Oddly enough, even without my Credit Card, they still held a cottage for me and had all the paper work ready. Not the best first impression!
When I walked in to my cottage, to say I was di sappointed is an understatement. The pictures on the web site don't reflect the true state of the cottages at all. But, I decided to make the best of the situation, and although their web site indicates "last minute discounts", I paid full price as no discount was offered, and was required to pay for the full three nights in advance, as well as a $300.00 security deposit.
I started to unpack, and quickly realized the dishes were filthy, the walls were worse, there wasn't a coffee maker as the web site indicated and the cottage just felt dirty.
Luckily there is a Wal-Mart 10 minutes away and I was able to buy a coffee maker and cleaning supplies.
I really can’t say I was able to relax as I was so disappointed with everything – from the state of the cottage to the “beach” to the “view from the deck”.
Sadly, on the second day of my stay, I received an urgent call and had to leave due to a family emergency. The owners have no compassion, as I was still required to pay the full three nights, as “that is their policy”.
I would not recommend this "resort" to anyone, the water pressure is non-existent, the cottages are not kept up, and it is very very overpriced compared to other cottages I have rented.
My pictures tell the true story and have not been altered at all!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
LancasterResort, Owner at Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2011
As the owner of Lancaster Resort, I will not dispute personal opinions provided by travelers but will respond to inaccuracies to better inform potential vacationers. As the owner, I was not given the opportunity to address the issue of this client needing to leave because of an emergency. In her rush to leave the resort, she tossed me the key while running to her car. There was no discussion on our policies or any other issues. There were some inaccuracies in this review. Client was offered and received a last minute discount. Coffee making promised on website was in the cupboard in the cottage.

Been to Lancaster Cottage and Trailer Resort? Share your experiences!