I know what you're thinking....A Super 8???? Is it a cheap hotel??? It is excellent value and is very nice and modern!!!! You will be pleasantly surprised as we were.
This place is clean, tastefully decorated and affordable in Peterborough. We stayed 2 nights over a weekend and had a jacuzzi suite. It was big and spacious and was decorated with modern furnishings. We had a bit of noise the first night from the heating unit but that happens with many heating/air conditioning units in hotels we have stayed at. The second night we didn't hear any hear noise at all.
There were quite a few families that weekend so if you are looking for a get a way with out any signs of kids this might not be the place for you. When we checked in Friday night it was quiet but by the end of the weekend the place was filled with kids in the pool, hot tub, lobby, breakfast area an halls. Don't know if there was something in town that weekend??? We spent most of our time in our room or out exploring in Peterborough so it was no problem for us.
Breakfast area was good for a quick morning meal. Hot water for tea is not boiling hot and cools quickly. The eating area is kept very clean. Lots of food choices but no waffles or meat type option (sausage/ham) like other hotels with free breakfast we have been to.
The front desk staff were always helpful. They were a good group of people on staff there.
We saw other hotels but think this place is probably the best of the lot. Many other hotels look dated. The Super 8 is a newer one.
It is located near many chain stores and franchise type restaurants so if you are looking for some more unique places to eat then you will need a car to drive to the old part of downtown. Our favourite meal was at St. Veronus right downtown. Check out the review section of this site for ideas on eating out. We found it helpful for planning.
Peterborough is a nice place to visit. We would like to return in the summer.
We would not hesitate to recommend the Super 8 as a hotel for friends and family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 100% smoke-free property provides easy access to major routes and is situated close to downtown Peterborough. Super 8 Peterborough is a new kind of hotel that puts style, innovation and friendly service within everyone's reach. Super 8 Peterborough offers guest rooms and suites, meeting room, an indoor pool, whirlpool spa, onsite coin laundry, fitness room and our complimentary SuperStart® breakfast — making it the perfect place to host your meeting or accommodate you while staying in the Peterborough area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Peterborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Peterborough Hotel Peterborough
- Peterborough Super 8
- Peterborough Super Eight
- Super 8 Peterborough Ontario