“Can't go wrong in Peterborough!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Peterborough

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Peterborough to your Saves list
Super 8 Peterborough
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1257 Lansdowne St.W., Peterborough, Ontario K9J 7M2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Peterborough
Toronto, Canada
“Can't go wrong in Peterborough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I know what you're thinking....A Super 8???? Is it a cheap hotel??? It is excellent value and is very nice and modern!!!! You will be pleasantly surprised as we were.
This place is clean, tastefully decorated and affordable in Peterborough. We stayed 2 nights over a weekend and had a jacuzzi suite. It was big and spacious and was decorated with modern furnishings. We had a bit of noise the first night from the heating unit but that happens with many heating/air conditioning units in hotels we have stayed at. The second night we didn't hear any hear noise at all.
There were quite a few families that weekend so if you are looking for a get a way with out any signs of kids this might not be the place for you. When we checked in Friday night it was quiet but by the end of the weekend the place was filled with kids in the pool, hot tub, lobby, breakfast area an halls. Don't know if there was something in town that weekend??? We spent most of our time in our room or out exploring in Peterborough so it was no problem for us.
Breakfast area was good for a quick morning meal. Hot water for tea is not boiling hot and cools quickly. The eating area is kept very clean. Lots of food choices but no waffles or meat type option (sausage/ham) like other hotels with free breakfast we have been to.
The front desk staff were always helpful. They were a good group of people on staff there.
We saw other hotels but think this place is probably the best of the lot. Many other hotels look dated. The Super 8 is a newer one.
It is located near many chain stores and franchise type restaurants so if you are looking for some more unique places to eat then you will need a car to drive to the old part of downtown. Our favourite meal was at St. Veronus right downtown. Check out the review section of this site for ideas on eating out. We found it helpful for planning.
Peterborough is a nice place to visit. We would like to return in the summer.
We would not hesitate to recommend the Super 8 as a hotel for friends and family!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Whenever we should be so fortunate as to receive feedback from seasoned travelers such as you we are well advised to listen and take notes. It is a pleasure to learn that your stay at Super 8 was enjoyable.

It is the exceptional dedication on the part of our team of hospitality professionals that allows us to deliver on our promise of great service and great value. Whether seeking family fun in our pool or perhaps a quiet escape in one of our premium rooms as you were, we aspire to be your hotel of choice in Peterborough, Ontario.

I appreciate your comments with respect to making a great cup of tea. Keep an eye out for improvements in the area in the near future – after all, it is the “little” things that can give us comfort and enjoyment while on the road away from home.

I look forward to welcoming you back upon your return visit this summer.

703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This Super 8 Peterborough was selected by my partner. It has a large parking lot, friendly staff, small indoor swimming pool, fitness room, coin laundry, breakfast served from 6 am til 10 am, with multi-grain bagels, regular bagels, muffins, toast, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cold or hot cereals, fresh whole fruits; 24 hour coffee, tea, free wi-fi in the lobby, free high-speed internet through their RJ-45 jack so only one computer may be connected at a time in the room unless you brought your own router along, tubless shower stall which I like as the older aging population it is just easier and safer. Comfortable beds, well insulated room for warmth, mini-fridge, microwave, close by down the road a 24 hour Soby's supermarket behind a Tim Horton's.

The location on Lansdowne St if somewhat out of the way if you're on foot, but doesn't really matter so much as long as you can drive there. Otherwise lodging downtown along George St if on foot makes a better choice to be able to just walk to.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our team here at Super 8 I’d like to thank you for allowing us the privilege of being of service to you on your recent trip to Peterborough, Ontario.

We take great pride in offering our valued guests the very best of modern facilities coupled with our signature honest, friendly service. Our goal is to deliver the amenities that you want, such as free breakfast or walk in shower, as you pointed out – all at a price that makes sense. Truly great value means that you can save without settling for less.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to our area.
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I book a lot of rooms since I have one child in competitive swimming and the other in basketball. The most important thing to me is fast and friendly service. The staff at the Super 8 were lovely to deal with. I made phone calls to get wake up calls, extend my check out time and change my booking for an extra day. Everytime I called I did not feel like I was interupting or being a pain. Every morning we left to a cheery "Good Morning" or "Good luck today" The cleaning staff took the time to chat with me - I felt very welcomed at this hotel. We had no problem with noise and the Hotel was full. Three sports groups had major events in Peterborough. Although some times the halls and foyer was full - I had no noise issue in my room. The breakfast was good and had enough food choices. The thermostat was easy to control. The microwave and a small quarter fridge was handy. In an area with shopping, restaurants, Tims, Star Bucks and LCBO. About 10 - 12 minutes from the University. Will use this Hotel again when I come!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
It is our great privilege to provide genuine hospitality to the traveling public. It is an even greater pleasure to know that our goal of providing professional and efficient service in a warm and friendly manner strikes a chord with guests such as you.

From the instant you decide to make Super 8 your hotel of choice when traveling to the Peterborough, Ontario area; to the moment we bid you farewell, our measure of a job well done is in the enthusiasm of our guests to return. I am happy to learn that we have a valued loyal guest and friend in you and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I was travelling to Peterborough for business, and there aren't very many options for luxury accommodations in Peterborough! At first I dismissed this hotel, thinking the "Super 8" was similar to Motel 6, etc. After reading reviews of the hotel, and seeing some photos, it looked comparable to the 3 and 4 star hotels I usually stay at. It was clean and comfortable and I'd stay there again next time I travel to Peterborough. They offer a free cold breakfast in the morning, but my colleague and I preferred a hot breakfast so we drove to the restaurants nearby. The hotel is in a good, central location close to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
I am always very impressed when a business traveler such as you takes a moment out of their full schedule to share an experience to the benefit of their fellow travelers.

I must admit that your initial notion of what you could expect from a limited-service property such as ours is not all that uncommon. How nice that, through your experience at Super 8 Peterborough, we were able to help you redefine in your mind what an affordable hotel can be. Our challenge, our mission is to demonstrate to you and all of our guests that – true value means that you can save without settling for less!

I look forward to welcoming you back that next time your travels bring you to our area.
Newcastle, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed one night during a snowstorm and was wowed by the service provided right from the reservation agent and continuing through until checkout. When I arrived at the hotel, the Manager on Duty was actually clearing the driveway himself with what was later described to me, as a new toy for the hotel. The check in clerk was so personable and her sense of urgency was natural. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. In the morning while enjoying my breakfast which was included in the price of the room, the gentleman who was taking care of the breakfast room and the front of the hotel, offered to go outside in the icy cold weather, to start up my car! Fantastic service and I would not hesitate to stay again and to recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Many thanks for taking a moment to share your experience at our hotel with your fellow travelers. Not a day goes by that I am not justifiably proud of the team of hospitality professionals that make up the staff at Super 8 Peterborough – thank you for so clearly stating how our goal of ‘service excellence’ has influenced you personally.

Contemporary business wisdom holds that – “People react to the way they are treated and act (and choose hotels) accordingly”. Your action in sharing your experience speaks volumes. I promise that you and your fellow travelers will always be welcomed warmly and with gratitude that you have made Super 8 your hotel of choice when visiting Peterborough, Ontario.”
London, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Stayed here on advise of Tripadvisor.ca. Friendly staff, lovely rooms, very clean and reasonably priced. I arrived at 11:00 pm and left at 6:30 am. but had enough time to enjoy the good complementary breakfast. I would highly recommend this to other business women travelling solo.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you accepting the advice of your fellow Tripadvisor users and booking with us. I am very pleased that you found that our service, quality and value met all of your needs as a business woman.

In an era of unhelpful service, cost cutting, added fees, long waits and delays, our promise is to provide business travelers (and all of our guests) with something unexpected – a hassle free place to call ‘home’ and a warm, friendly welcome.

The next time your work leads you to a hotel in Peterborough, Ontario, I hope that you’ll choose Super 8.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Our "default" hotel chain (Hilton family) had no facility in Peterborough, so we "settled for" what I thought would be a Motel 6 type of experience. What a delightful surprise -- it wasn't that way at all! Clean, quiet, the friendliest staff in the world, plenty of amenities, free mini-breakfast, mini-fridge and microwave in the room, and well-priced. Other TripAdvisor reviews painted a good picture of this place, and I see why. Don't bother doing any place else in Peterborough.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
LifesGR8atSuper8, General Manager at Super 8 Peterborough, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
We are pleased to have earned your business and your loyalty.

Whether traveling for pleasure or business, I promise you that my team and I will work hard to live up to our pledge that – at Super 8 Peterborough, great values means you can save without settling for less. We believe that, as a valued guest, you deserve a clean room, truly welcoming staff, comfortable design, and a choice of amenities that satisfies the way you travel.

Thank you for your comments on your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you require a hotel in Peterborough, Ontario.

Been to Super 8 Peterborough? Share your experiences!