“Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
You added Pelee Places to your Saves list
East Shore Rd, Ontario N0R 1MO, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We just returned from a two-night stay at The Guest House. This is a charming little cottage adjacent to the Stone House, with a deck and fire/bbq area out back. Nicely decorated and stocked with everything you'll need for a picnic, bbq or a rainy day (sans food, of course), this spacious little cottage has 3 bedrooms - one with a queen-sized bed, one with bunk beds and a double bed suitable for children, and one with two twins. Perfect for couples or small families. We will definitely make plans to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I was so happy to invite you to enjoy breakfast at the b&b as we had room at the table and you got along so well with the other guests here. I love lively conversation in the morning and you made me laugh whilst I cooked. It was one of those days when it could rain all day and no one would care, although I think we were blessed with Pelee sunshine the entire time you were here.
Smooches,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A getaway to Pelee Island, is the perfect way to soak up the summer sun. Pelee Places is without a doubt where you want to stay! Bev is a wonderful B&B hostess who has several beautiful vacation properties on the island. My girlfriend and I stayed at the historic stone house, which was wonderfully decorated and very well kept! We had a fantastic stay, complete with short bike rides to Pelee Winery, lots of time sun tanning on the deck overlooking the lake, delicious and perfectly timed breakfasts courtesy of Bev and exploratory walks and hikes on the island. I loved spending time on Pelee, and Bev's hospitality made our vacation there truly memorable. I can hardly wait for our next visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am happy that you enjoyed Pelee Island so much, but I am not surprised that you enjoyed the Stone House. You ladies were so much fun and really embraced all the wonderful sights. I did invite you for breakfast at the b&b and you made me laugh so much, I did it again, even though breakfast is not usually included with cottage rentals. You are welcome to visit anytime, even if you choose to stay at one of the many other lovely b&bs or cottages on the island! Thanks for being so nice.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the Pelee Places B and B to celebrate our 10th year wedding anniversary. It was everything I had hoped for: quiet, nature and good wine! The B and B was nicely decorated and very comfortable to stay in. We had the room with a king size bed, jacuzzi and private en-suite and it had plenty of space. We borrowed the bikes and rode the Island which was a lot of fun and relaxing. We also used the complimentary passes to visit the winery and enjoyed that too. Bev was a great hostess and her breakfasts were amazing! I loved her homemade pumpkin waffles and coffee was plentiful! Very filling breakfasts and delicious! The view on the property is also great! I would not hesitate to recommend this place.

Room Tip: Go for the bigger room with the private washroom. If you are looking for total privacy consider rent...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Wait until you try my blueberry pumpkin muffins with bacon fried bacon and asparagus cheese frittata!
Smooches,
Copetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

June 15 & 16 2013, we stayed at Bev's Pelee Place on the lake ... yummy breakfasts, full menu, amazing to watch our hostess dance through meal prep, fresh muffins, travel directions, history, and stories of other guest adventures! The facility was immaculate with the assistance of Paul. Fresh strawberries, and great visit to the winery. The museum is a must! Eva & Don Marsh

Room Tip: Talk to Bev about what you want, she'll find something to suit. Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Who would believe you guys had been married for ten years? Looked to me like you were still on your honeymoon! I am so glad we were able to make your anniversary memorable.
Cheers,
Trenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Pelee Places B&B during the May long weekend. It was our first time visiting the island. Just before arriving, Bev provided very useful directions and was always available to answer questions. On arriving at the B&B we were courteously greeted by Paul who was helping out at the property. The B&B is beautifully located in a corner of the island, with minimal traffic even during busy tourist season. Our friendly and informative hostess Bev prepared fresh and wonderful breakfasts with flexibility to any dietary restriction. She even baked us muffins and cookies for our day trips! Thank you. You must see the view from the B&B -- a dining area with a panoramic window oversees the sunrise at Lake Erie. On the opposite side is Lake Henry across the road with just as spectacular a sunset, and marsh birds to spare. A cozy and scenic accommodation, great service, and interesting island experience completed a memorable vacation. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The master suite is worth the extra cost.
Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, especially regarding my son, about what was otherwise a pretty unpleasant weekend for me. Your omnipresent smiles, interesting conversation and contagious happiness and curiosity saved me! Hard to compare your experience with others who stayed that same weekend, but I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Please come back soon!
Cheers
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was our second time back to pelee places and we had a great time once again! Bev was amazing as always. She makes the best breakfasts. Homemade muffins and omletts one day and French toast the next. Location is perfect. Very tranquil and close to the lighthouse point. Beautiful sunsets as well. We'll definitely be making this a yearly trip. Thanks Bev!

• Stayed June 2013
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay. I enjoy it when guests return again and again. I know that we are a renovated cottage with some quirks, but people like you who come to enjoy the magnificent main room for birdwatching, cooking, eating and laughing whilst overlooking the Pelee Passage and Point Pelee, or sitting at the end of my driveway watching a magnificent sunset over lake Henry make me pleased to offer what we can to our guests. I know that you travelled a great distance to be here and I appreciate your effort. Please come back soon!
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Stone House early May 2013, and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. We had a very relaxing time, and enjoyed every moment of our stay (except the leaving part). Bev was awesome, made a wonderful breakfast for us, and was very informative about what to expect and what to do on the island. Her son was also great in this regard. Everyone is laid back, interesting, and couldn't have made our stay better. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The Stone House was awesome, but the other places looked pretty good too from what I saw! You could...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely appreciation of the Stone House. We are constantly trying to improve the appearance and amenities of such a landmark property in such a gorgeous setting. I am so glad you were able to accept our invitation to breakfast at the b&b, as I can only offer this when we are not busy! It did give me a chance to meet you better and I can't wait for you to return.

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!