“It's a barbeque joint” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
“It's a barbeque joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I hadn't been there for a few years, but still had fond memories of peanut shells on the floor. They're still there. Son and girlfriend took me out last Saturday evening, and I made a [recommended] reservation. The table was ready for us. PLAIN tables, and very rough looking booths, with non moving benches. Remember, this is a SOUTHERN barbeque joint. No grilled steaks that I remember. This is southern fried chicken, pulled pork, smoked/barbequed brisket and ribs....both back and side ribs. They had added a liquor licence since I was last there, and their locally brewed draft beer is excellent and well priced. The fried pickles and onion straws as appetizers were fantastic [with exceptionally high marks for the pickles] My combo of ribs, pulled pork and brisket, with real mashed potatos and a so-so gravy, beans on the side, was mouth watering. Son just kept going on and on about the brisket and excellent fries [beans on the side] and girlfriend loved the pulled pork, coleslaw and green salad, balsamic dressing on the side.
This is a place to go with jeans on and have a heck of a good time and a heck of a good meal, with friendly and quick service [remember, we had a reservation]. Some folks lined up at the door had to wait for a while.
This is reminiscent of barbeque joints I have been to in the deep south. Only thing they have down there that Camp 31 didn't have was big never ending glasses of iced tea, a staple of the south.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto, Canada
“Great theme, food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wish I could give them a higher rating but my meal wasn't exceptional or excellent...it was average. After hearing about the place I went for lunch with a friend. The southern BBQ theme & decoration is great for such a small space, service was much better than the meal. Ordered a lunch special and to be honest it wasn't hot, it was warm...not what I was expecting. The flavours were very good, which is what I was expecting. I really want to like this place and I hope things have improved on my next visit.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Ontario
“Love it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We drive down at least once a month to get our BBQ fix. The food is always great, I'm a ribs person but my wife trys everything and has never been disappointed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brantford, Canada
“Delicious BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Went here today with my wife for lunch. I had the brisket broil & she had fried chicken sandwich. Huge portions, delicious flavour & relaxed atmosphere. I'll be heading back this weekend for another epic feast!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stoney Creek, Canada
“mmm BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We have been coming here for years ..the pulled pork and ribs are fantastic, great atmosphere for families our 3 year old loves it! The pan bread is yummy too! Good Value, Reasonable prices!

• Visited January 2012