“A Standard Well Maintained” 4 of 5 stars
Review of summerhays bar and grill

summerhays bar and grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Ottawa, Canada
“A Standard Well Maintained”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I often visit this property for no apparent reason other than we are in the area and it is convenient. That being said, while there is nothing spectacular about the property, nevertheless the quality of the food is consistently good, and the service is efficient. One of the reasons that the standard is maintianed, is I think because the owner is, more often than not, in the restaurant.

While this is anything but a 'destination' property, it is one that should not disappoint

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Owner has a terrible attitude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

About 3 wks ago I called to make reservations for 35 people for my parents anniversary. I was told by a staff member because we had such a large group they would partition off the room so we would have that room to ourselves. I said that would be excellent. I called and asked about bringing in a cake and was told that was fine but there would be a 1$ plate fee for the 35 people. I think that is outrageous but I agreed. Last night at about 8 pm I got a call from the restaurant. This man started off the conversation saying you have a reservation on Saturday and I said yes. He proceeds to tell me it is a big hockey night and he would be putting other people in that room. I replied no that's not what we had agreed on. He then proceeds to tell me he wants a deposit and begins to speak in a condescending manner. I asked who am I speaking to he tells me he is the owner. He then tells me not to get so agitated and relax. I feel he was quite rude and am not sure how he has managed to stay in business. It is not a place I would recommend to anyone based solely on the owners attitude and manners. I did call back and cancelled the reservations and spoke to someone who was very nice. He seems to have very nice staff not sure how that can happen when he apparently does not care about the 1000$ we would have given the restaurant. God bless his staff who have to put up with him.

“Always Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This restaurant gives definition to the maintenance of good quality control. The service is sometimes a little spotty, but the food quality is consistently acceptable.

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Geat place to eat, or just relax for a drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been a patron since they opened. I have watched the place grow, and watched the owner make changes to things in response to customer wishes. The menu was a little "week" for such a large and fairly classy place. For years, their exceptionally good choice were there various 'stir fries'.

The introduction of the new prime rib roast dinner has, almost single handedly, brought up the caliber of the restaurant. Couple that with their traditional habit of charging a very reasonable price, I see a positive future for the, for sure.

PS, if you are a real beef lover like me, ask the server for a $5.00 extra thickness on your cut. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, canada
“Cheap breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Good and cheap breakfast. The service is kind of lousy but other than that it's a good. The atmosphere at night is also pretty good. Music,noise and friends! What more could you ask for

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere