“Good spa, but prefer more atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holtz Spa

Holtz Spa
45 Rideau Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5W8, Canada (Byward Market Area)
+1 613-241-7770
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 48 activities in Ottawa
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Holtz Spa is Ottawa's largest full service day spa and offers a welcomed respite from Ottawa's busy downtown. Just steps away from Parliament Hill and all the major attractions, you will find an oasis of calm, where highly trained professionals offer a wide range of holistic treatments to balance, relax and rejuvenate. Massage Therapy and Bodywork, Advanced Skincare, Esthetics, a full service Hair Design Studio and on-site gourmet food services, create the perfect spa getaway destination for just one service or an entire day. Ask about our Couples Hotel & Spa Packages when planning your next visit to Ottawa.
Ottawa, Canada
40 attraction reviews
“Good spa, but prefer more atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My services were all pretty good, and so was the lunch I got, but I like a spa with more atmosphere.

Visited April 2012

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Perfect girls day out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Three of us went for a spa day for a friends 40th and got the Wine, Dine and Dazzle package. We all got to sit together, giggle and laugh and share. We rarely get a chance to get together and the spa didn't mind when we couldn't stop belly laughing (we weren't loud, just giggly. A lot.). We were able to be ourselves.
After our hot stone and spa mani & pedis - mmmmmmm - we went upstairs to enjoy our three course lunch and wine. Ask to have the manis before the pedis so your nails can dry and you can eat safely. We sat in our robes in the Orchid Lounge and enjoyed the food from Sante restaurant. DELISH! I had the Thai Crab Salad, the Mussels in White Wine Sauce and the Ginger and Hoisin Chicken and everything was perfect. The wines they paired with each were lovely.
After lunch we went downstairs for our wash & style. My hair looked good, freshened up. I got my make up done and didn't feel like myself - I usually only wear mascara - and I gotta say I looked really good. The make up they use, Jane Iredale, felt great on my normally super sensitive skin. It didn't feel like I had anything on my face.
All in all, a lovely day. I can't wait to do it again but this time I might ask to have our pedis in the hammam room. Quiet, comfortable and a good place to just be.
Recommendations: Ask for Begum (pronounced Bay-gum), Katerina, or Celia. They did our mani/pedis and were super nice and did really good jobs. Hilda did my make up and she did a really nice job on making my skin look even and bright. Skip Olena for make up and Ted for hair. My friend had them and they didn't really do much. Joelle is wonderful for hair!
And, I heard another spa in town frowns on giggly girls - be sure to ask that question when you book.

Visited April 2012
Minneapolis
“Give your self a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

If you are ever in Ottawa, do not miss the experience at Holtz Spa. This was my second visit there and first body treatment. I chose the Say Thai Body Scrub and Moisturizer. It was heavenly. I have been to spas all over the US & world and this rivals any of them. It is simply a mini vacation in 80 minutes. The staff is always curtious and welcoming and does not tend to push products which is an issue in other places. I enjoyed my treat and plan to go back.

Visited March 2012
canadian
“So, so....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Recently had a pedicure and must say, it wasn't the best pedicure that I've ever had. I was a little disappointed. There's so much hype around this establishment, that I was expecting so much more. The front desk staff, while friendly, felt a little harried and not too concerned with our party of 4. I'm not fond of warm water tubs to soak your feet. I prefer built in stainless steel tubs that seem more sanitary and offers bubbles etc. The benches are not at all comfortable. They're large and cumbersome, high to reach. I prefer the individual chairs that offer support and options to heat, vibrate etc., Also there's no place to hold a drink. Speaking of drinks...high prices for a small bottle of perrier...I should have had the glass of wine at the same price! The room is very bright and open to other services being offered, Not very calming or intimate.
Not much else to say...it was nice, but not GREAT! I've had better, more attentive and more modern service elsewhere and at a far cheaper price! $85 for a pedicure! Ouch!

Visited February 2012
“I was recommended by the chateau Laurier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the chateau laurier and they recomeded holtz.... I would definatly recommend this spa to all my friends and family when they come to Ottawa, my girlfriend and I had the head start morning package! We had a steam, an lymphatic massage, a European facial with a eyebrow shaping and their spa pedicure for a reasonable price. The staff was really nice and their lounge was overlooking Rideau and Sussex! My lunch there catered by sante! Overall a unforgetting experience. The next time I come to Ottawa I'll be coming back again