“Worst Fish and chips in Ottawa” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Glen Scottish Restaurant & Pub

The Glen Scottish Restaurant & Pub
1010 Stittsville Main St | Stittsville, Ottawa, Ontario K2S 0B9, Canada (Formerly Glen Scottish Pub and Restaurant)
(613) 836-5622
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Worst Fish and chips in Ottawa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Soggy fish, undercooked chips definitely not what I was looking for,,,,,I read some positive reviews for this place and decided to take the family out for fish and chips.....I guess I should have specified that I was looking for English style fish and chips, when I complained to the waitress,,, she said that this was Scottish fish and chips and as such, was supposed to be soggy...Nasty

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, Canada
“Not What It Used To Be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My partner and I dined at The Glen for their roast beef dinner on Easter Sunday. We made an advance reservation and were really looking forward to it. I had not been to The Glen in a while, having a less than satisfactory experience there once, in the distant past, at their previous location. That experience involved one of their fish dishes. Any other time I have ordered their roast beef, I had always enjoyed it, but not this time.
I requested "an outside cut" because I like my beef well done and crusty. I also requested no (canned) peas and no carrot/squash mixture, not liking any of these vegetables. I asked for an extra scoop of mashed potatoes instead, which I thought was a fair trade. Apparently not, from the restaurant's perspective. When I was served, my plate contained all of the vegetables I expressed a desire to avoid. No extra mashed potatoes were provided. I gave the unwanted vegetables to my partner, who enjoys them.
The meat was well cooked, but was not the "outside cut" I requested. That was evident when on the first bite, I encountered a small bone! My disappointment continued when it became apparent that there was more than a slight "marbelling" of fat in my beef, and more grisol than I have ever seen in "AAA beef". When the Server who took our orders came by I told her my feeling about the bone in the beef. She hold me that it was because I "ordered the end piece". I tried to explain that I, in fact, had ordered "an outside cut", which is not the same as "the end piece", and that I did not get the cut that I ordered. She apparently, did not know the difference.
My partner thought his dinner was "ok", but he is less discerning than I, and received meat taken from another part of the roast.
To be fair, when I voiced my concerns to the management, they offered to reduce the bill, which offer I declined. They then offered me a gift card, which I also refused. (I explained to them that I have no intention of returning, so it would be of little use to me.) I was then offered a free desert, which I also declined.
I left both upset and hungry.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
“Friendly Home Atmophere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The Glen now located in Stittsville is a great place to take the family for a great meal with reasonable pricing and fantastic service. We went on Mothers day and tried for the first time their prime rib - fantastic. However our favorite at the Glen is their fish and chips. Don't miss out on a great place to eat try the Glen.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“HaveFish and Chjips are always terrific.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

n't been lately, but Fish and Chips are always terrific. A nice pint of Scottish Ale and you've got a Friday lunch to start a great weekend.

Visited June 2011
ottawa
“Not Returning...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The service was quite bad. The food was quite expensive for what you get...but what was really annoying.....the extra charge for the Tar Tar sauce or ketchup. No Thank you!!!!

• Visited May 2012